Stonyford, Northern CA Oct. 12 & 13

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
posted by zekedawg
:And to all the people who would not go because of dust, thanks because without you the dust really was not that bad and we did not see many people.........

Do you think the dust had anthing to do with not seeing many people???

And if I was to have went, there would have been more dust :p

Glad you all had a good time and a safe ride..

Rick

George.....see you in Reno

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Roostafish........ Costa Rica???? Give me a break....
Good to hear from you! The mighty 200 is still going strong!!

FireLilly....Yes, a Dutchman!

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
Buddy, Mini, Les...always good seeing and riding with you guys. Stonyford is very dusty right now. There was very little wind so the dust never left the trail. I rode last and had to hang way to far back to stay out of the dust.

Rick good thing you didn't go or I would of been even farther back.

ZEKEDAWG

Oct 14, 2002
luvtolean, we ride all over mostly forest service stuff but we have a few spots with some nice single track, and we rarely see people, nothing quite like stonyford but it is only 20 minutes from town. Next time you come up send me a pm and we may be able to go. we usually ride about 4-5 guys and it is low stress.

To all the rest of you, is there ever a BAD time to go riding? Is the dust ever that bad? I think NOT!

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Gotta agree with you there ZEKEDAWG. Seems like 6 months of the year are hot, dry & dusty. I just put on the vented gear and breath through the nose. Retsenior, you folks must of closed the place Sunday. Went on second loop and your rig was still there when I got back.

luvtolean

Oct 3, 2002
I'm guessing up off 32 above Forest Ranch Zeke? It's fun up there but unfortunately more and more roads seem to be closing. :(

I broke in my new bike out at Mud Creek near Nord 32. Not the most fun place to ride, but it's where I learned to ride a bike as a kid, and if you just want to go ride for an hour it's a nice alternative. There's a couple of cool jumps out at the part of the creek you can see from 99 too. Just don't stop for the Black and Whites. ;)

I'll be up for Halloween, and might stay through the weekend. I'll PM you if I bring the bike. Low stress = good, I'm slow!

Last edited:

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
Les...you could say we closed the place. Got back at dark again, you know night riding is fun. Must of been some good campers around because I left the motorhome opened and was surprised it was still there all by it's lonesome self with nothing missing. Stopped at Granzella's for dinner and did not get home till 1:30am.

Top Bottom