Stonyford this Sunday

Mudrider

Aug 29, 2000
We are headed up to Stonyford this Sunday and meeting at Davis flat at about 8:30-9:00am if anyone is interested in some fast long trail rides.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I'm interested also, assuming that's Sunday 1-13 @ Stonyford. Little Stony staging area might be faster drive.

Mudrider

Aug 29, 2000
We went last Sunday but the riding was so good we might go up again this Sunday. I'll have to wait and see how the whether is.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Weather forcast looks good @ Stonyford this Sunday 1-13. Jim, Mudrider are you still interested? Any others in Norcal?

Mudrider

Aug 29, 2000
I can go Sunday. Is Little Stony the same as Digger Pine? Thats the dirt road you turn left on right past the bridge. Lets meet there at about 8:30.
I will be driving a white Astro van . I will be there Rain or Shine.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Mudrider, the area I'm thinking of is the same I believe. Goat mountain turnoff, about 2 miles in, first staging area on left (if available parking). I'll probably be there no later than 9, long drive. Green ext.cab Silverado, 300exc.

Jimmy!

Jan 7, 2001
Sorry we missed you. I saw you guy's rigs at the staging area & think I saw FMG's KTM cross the road just as we were pulling up. Sunday was not a good day for my buddy & I. Had everything ready on Sat. evening, but it took forever to get going Sunday because the lock on my trailer was being a total b**tard and we had fog so thick you could only see about 25ft for the 1st hour on the way out there. so we rolled up about 9:25. I saw both of your rigs parked but no FMG or MR. We got geared up, rode for 5 minutes and by buddy got punished on 2 and was done, we limped back to the staging area on the road. He gnawed on some advil & hung out to see if there was any hope while I went for a quick loop. I came back to find that he was completely shot, and his bike was broken so we packed up headed home to lick our wounds.

I hope you didn't wait too long for us, you were prolly better off not being anywhere near the bubble-O-doom that we seemed to be in.

Hope you guys had a good ride, the conditions were fantastic & it was a beautiful day!

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Also sorry we missed you Jim. Got there early at 8, met up with Mudrider, waited to 9:20, decided to do morning loop and look for you later. We went on loops up to 03,07 till we got into about 1ft of slippery snow. Spent the rest day on the lower, fun, singletrack trails. Discovered some weird traights about my brakes. Both the front and rear brakes went to nothing after decending 26 to staging area, fortunatly only 1 went at a time. Time to replace brake fluid. Mudrider, thanks for pointing the way through trails.

Jimmy!

Jan 7, 2001
My apologies to both of you for making you wait. I owe you guys a cold one next time. :) (And I'll leave an hour earlier!)Sounds like you had a good time tho. That 26 is a workout on brakes to be certain. The brakes on my CR get a little soft by the bottom of that one too.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…