Burtonridr250

Dec 11, 2004
I search and searched for the answer, so I am sorry if it has been asked many times but I had no luck finding it.

Anyways, I had a few questions about the powervalve. I know where it is located, but how often do I have to clean it? When I rebuild the top end?

How do I clean it, just whipe off all the oil gunk, and spray anything special in there?

Also, what exactly does the powervalve do, (it's function),

Thanks

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
The exhuast vavle is typically between the piston and the exhaust port (where the pipe fits in the cyl. head). You should clean it whenever you do your top end, but you can sometimes get away with doing it every other. Depends on what it looks like, but it's best to just do it when you've got it apart for the top end. I made the mistake of not doing it the last top end and it got royally gunked up. I didn't even bother to check it out during the last top end job. For cleaning, just use a rag and a 3M pad if necessary. If you've got a parts washer, let the parts soak for a bit, then clean 'em off. Sometimes takes a lil elbow grease. As for what the valve does, it basically changes certain exhaust ports at different rpm's. The higher the rpm's, the more the ports open up.

At least, that's how I understand them.

Burtonridr250

Dec 11, 2004
Ahhh, stupid me, I didn't know it was the same thing as an exhuast valve. Ok, I will deff. check that next top end.

Thanks

Top Bottom