almon

Aug 22, 2002
Hi,

On a trail ride I seriously drowned my 01 CR250. Pulled plug and pumped tons of water out, squished tons of water out of my air filter, once started again blew tons of water out the exhaust. I've since changed the gear oil several times. The bike seems to run fine now, but...

My question is:
What is the likely hood that my crank bearings were damaged from the water? Should I just keep an eye on them, or are they doomed and I should just replace them? Anything else to look out for?

Thanks,
Al

yam 3

May 19, 2000
I had a friend do the same thing they replaced all the bearings in the cases except the lower rod bearing. Bike ran well for about 6 months and then the rod locked up. He did fall into a very dirty hole, not as clean as say a fast running creek with clear h2O. I'd replace...not worth locking up on the face of a big double.

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
I'd be more worried about some fine silt entering the case and grinding on your bearings (especially the lower rod) and cylinder.

shifting

~SPONSOR~
Mar 5, 2003
Thats why there called dirt bikes not water bikes. :) J/K I would agree with Yam3 ,
I would replace all the bearings. I know it will cost an arm and a leg if you don't know how to do it yourself, but how much will a new arm and leg cost you if it does lock up on a jump or high speed section. JMO.

Good luck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom