lemmy

Jul 24, 2008
I have been looking through old threads to get some idea on jetting for my 2003 220 with the PWK35 carb from a 220 and I keep seeing people talking about ordering from Sudco. Can you order direct from them? Their website says dealer orders only.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
Dealers can order from them. They carry a lot of non-oem parts that dealers can get. Also, for jets, you can get them online for 2-8.00 each or from a dealer for whatever they charge. My local Honda dealer had the jet for my kdx in stock.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
lemmy said:
I have been looking through old threads to get some idea on jetting for my 2003 220 with the PWK35 carb from a 220 and I keep seeing people talking about ordering from Sudco. Can you order direct from them? Their website says dealer orders only.

I called them once, they said they would sell me jets, but I'd have to order 10 of each size.

Not exactly what I was looking for, so I checked out motorcyclecarbs.com

If you can't find what you are looking for on his site, call the number, the guy is very friendly and was very helpful to me.

His shipping was also very fast.

barryadam

Sep 2, 2003
I've had great service from Sudco, but I always pick up the parts in person. It's a bit of a ways to go, and a street bike is the only way with that traffic.
They have good inventory, including some old jets and needles that are discontinued at the dealerships. Sudco's website had a nice catalog of carbs showing all the options, part numbers, etc.
You can get a full range of needles and jets from them same day at about 1/2 the dealer price.
They never questioned whether I was a dealer. At other places, when asked I always tell people "I'm the end-user. You know, the guy who pays FULL PRICE!"

lemmy

Jul 24, 2008
IndyMX said:
I called them once, they said they would sell me jets, but I'd have to order 10 of each size.

Not exactly what I was looking for, so I checked out motorcyclecarbs.com

If you can't find what you are looking for on his site, call the number, the guy is very friendly and was very helpful to me.

His shipping was also very fast.

I live a couple of hours from motorcyclecarbs.com and I have been trying to call them 3-5 times/day for a week and emailed them 2-3 times. Never heard anything back. I assume they are out of business. I called up carbparts.com and they answered on the first ring, prices were 20% or more cheaper and they had everything in stock. I highly recommend them over motorcyclecarbs.com

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I never trust a company with a website as poorly designed as carbparts.com

If they can't spend a few dollars to have their website actually function as it should, I really don't trust that they can send me the proper parts.

Besides that, I prefer to shop prior to the phone call..

I hope motorcyclecarbs.com isn't out of business.. That guy rocked.

lemmy

Jul 24, 2008
IndyMX said:
I never trust a company with a website as poorly designed as carbparts.com

If they can't spend a few dollars to have their website actually function as it should, I really don't trust that they can send me the proper parts.

Besides that, I prefer to shop prior to the phone call..

I hope motorcyclecarbs.com isn't out of business.. That guy rocked.

I agree in general. You still get the automated email response that says expect a response in 48 hours, but nothing else. The phone rings and never goes to a message and they are not responding to the emails.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom