trakkerman

Nov 12, 2001
As I was thumbing through the current RacerX, I saw the full page ad for The Movie on page 75. Is it me, or does it look like a 2004 or earlier Honda CR125 with CRFxx0 graphics?

If I am right, I hope they don't use one of those 12 speed gearbox soundtracks! :think:

movie link with pic

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
we, as members of the dirt bike faithful, will pick this movie to shreds. If it draws people to the sport, that is a good thing. At least its not an FMX movie . . .

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
OK so "Motocrossed" grows up, meets "Crusty" and we have a mass audiance appeal flick. I'll go see it and watch all the posers wear their "gear". :laugh:

trakkerman

Nov 12, 2001
I'm not against increasing exposure and introducing new members to our fold. IMO, the movie seems more like "2 Fast, 2 Furious" than "On Any Sunday". I couldn't take more than 10 minutes of 2F2F.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
A "fast-n-the frivolous" metality was what I've worried about for this movie... fingers are crossed, but from the trailers I've seen, I don't hold-out much hope.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Posers...patman brought up a good observation. I had to laugh when I went to the Anaheim SX. Why would someone feel the need to load bikes in the back of their truck to park in a stadium lot.

" Hey look those guys must be planning on riding in tonights SX. I guess the pits were full".

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
There is a huge billboard for the SX movie that I see every morning on the way to work. Its gonna suck. I know it.

It will probably sell some bikes and some jerserys. Promote the sport? I dunno.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I see another Biker Boys or Torgue style flick, Thank gawd D2G comes out soon, that will give ya a racing woody

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
JPIVEY said:
I see another Biker Boys or Torgue style flick, Thank gawd D2G comes out soon, that will give ya a racing woody

D2G ??

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Dust to Glory, It's offroad racing, Filmed by Dana Brown, the son of Bruce Brown who did On Any Sunday, comes out on DVD 8/23, awesome racing

Mr.250

Dec 31, 2004
Guys its a mix of dirtbike parts put into one. Look at the ktm front and back and them the crf tank and who knows what else on the others.

trakkerman

Nov 12, 2001
Why go through so much trouble for the movie poster/PR. I guess they had a Honda/KTM 125 in the original photo shoot then got money from Honda to advertise a CRF.

I sure hope they don't show CRFs (4t) racing with a CRs (2t) soundtrack. That would be really cheesy, although, I do like the racy sound of a 2t better.

Top Bottom