mxrider443

Nov 4, 2005
Just thought Id let everyone know what going on in my racing life. Well the 30th of dec. I had an EXTREMELY hard landing racing at an indoor track in Northeren Indiana. Took an inside line to a good finish line to get by another rider, and ended up caseing the jump. Just got back from the doc. today, my injury was a shattered ankle. The bottom bone of my ankle joint has been shattered. A big piece was broken off and there are 3-5 bone fragements in there moving around (painful) Doc. says he is goin to open it up screw the bigger pieces back on, and wire the medium sized, and just remove the smaller pieces. Ill be on crutches for 6 weeks after that, so in total ill have been on crutches from dec. 30 to feb. 28....yeah that sucks...ride smart!

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
just pm mx547 and he will give you the scoop on that ankle.

Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
I read that if you take Pump-X while you are healing, it will heal your bones faster because of the extra oxygen it gives. Maybe you should look into that.

mxrider443

Nov 4, 2005
Well, just got out of the post surgery cast, now im in one of those huge a** walking boots, but they wont let me walk on it...doesnt make sense....ne ways ill be on crutches until Feb. 23 now... Hopefully in other words, means ill be back on the bike with me Allsport Dynamics Anke Brace HOPEFULLY mid March early April. Thanks for the support guys. Give you and update later! The 06 CRF250 survived with very minimal scratches...honda quality!

mxrider443

Nov 4, 2005
Well, Im walking... little over 3 weeks earlier than expected! Ill be ready for first race mid-march! Thanks for all the support guys!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Hang in there and don't rush it. Get some good PT and it will go a long way. Trust me, I know.

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
Had a friend who fell off a house while painting. Shattered his ankle and had bone fragments floating around. The doc gave him blood thinner to prevent the frags from causing a clot. The blood thinner wasn't monitored closely enough and the guy died at age 34 of a brain aneurysm. So don't take your recovery too lightly and keep an eye on things.

Top Bottom