Homer88

Jun 8, 2001
Guess I've been buying too many aftermarket parts for the bike and have forgotten to buy some to improve the rider....

I'm riding a 92 Yamaha WR200. Somehow whenever I take a hair pin turn on a hard surface, it doesn't seem to carve as well as my friends' EXC 200 and WR400. As such, I do not have the confidence to push the bike while doing turns.

I tried lowering the front end by 5mm (originally was flushed with top clamp) but it doesn't seem to help.

One thing though is tat for my 85kg/187lb weight, the stock springs are too soft for me. I bottom out on small jumps.

How can I make the bike turn better as it is until I get replacement springs??? And I know nuts abt suspension tuning. :yeehaw:

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Make the rear a little higher or set the sag properly like Marcus says or try to slide forward more in turns or try to get your chest closer to the bars when turning, attempt to guide the bike through the turns with your outside leg against the tank and weight the outside footpeg . Those bikes were good bikes but were real soft . Yamaha should have kept selling them . Iguess the WR 250 was a good seller so they dropped the 200 (in USA anyway , they may still sell them abroad).

Homer88

Jun 8, 2001
Just a curious thought.

In general, how does the fork spring works in conjunction with the valves?
The valves control how much oil flow thru it's orifcies hence the compression damping. The fork spring compresses as well so hence compression damping as well???

Anyway, am i correct that one should find first the correct spring rate and if still not satisfied, the correct valving?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom