Suspension

JOHNNY WHITE

Oct 24, 2002
I HAVE A 96 KDX200. GREAT WOODS BIKE. I WANT TO HAVE THE FRONT SUSPENSION SETUP FOR ME. I WEIGH 208 LBS. I DO MAINLY TRAIL RIDING. SOMETIMES I GO TO A TRACK WITH MY KIDS. WHERE CAN I SEND MY FORKS AND HOW MUCH MIGHT I BE LOOKING AT ? I KEEP READING WHAT A BIG DIFFERENCE IT MAKES.

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
The KDX probably has the most confused suspension of any bike out there. It's soft, it's harsh, it oversteers and it understeers -- and you have to fix each one of those problems by itself -- and-- fixing one usually aggravates one of the others. By the time you're done you probably could have gotten the KTM. Stiffer springs and an aftermarket compression valve are a start but it will still oversteer and understeer. To finish it up properly you'll need to install an aftermarket tuneable rebound valve [I believe MX-Tech has one ?] and finally a steering stabilizer [ Fredette Racing] if you ever decide to go over 30mph. AND, that's just the front end.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…