crazymike

Aug 10, 2000
The other day I was out for a ride and went thru an innocent looking puddle. By the time I got half way thru the water/mud was past my seat and that was far enough for me.

I got winched out by a very nice couple on four wheelers. And let the bike sit.

On a side note, when I was letting the bike sit the lady on the four wheeler continued up the mountain I was climbing. The trail is listed as super expert only when they run races up there. She ended up flipping her four wheeler and could have been seriously hurt. I ran to help and she was okay, just scared ****less and screaming. I helped them flip it back over (what a beast) If had landed on her she would have been toast. Just another reason I prefer two wheels over four.

The couple was nice enough to wait for me to make sure I made it down the trail okay. After about 30 minutes of kicking and exhaustion from the beating sun I got the bike running. About 2 gallons of water spurted out the pipe and I was on my way.

The bike ran great but everytime it got down to idle it died. Then started right back up. I took the carb off and blew it with the air gun. I didn't check the floats but it only dies at idle.

All the power seems to be there. I just went for a jaunt down the road and it still seems to haul. All the water is out of the exhaust and I changed the plug.

Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of just increasing the idle speed, but I'm afraid I might be missing something and cause further damage.

Thanks, mike.

Aug 1, 2004
Your submarine may have taken on water through the crankcase vents or a leaking seal. Change oil ASAP. Inspect the air filter, secondly remove and clean the pilot jet and all carb air passages.Mud can make an instant clog. Sounds like a carb vent problem or a gummed up pilot like the tiny holes in the pilot riser tube.

crazymike

Aug 10, 2000
White_Knuckles said:
Your submarine may have taken on water through the crankcase vents or a leaking seal. Change oil ASAP. Inspect the air filter, secondly remove and clean the pilot jet and all carb air passages.Mud can make an instant clog. Sounds like a carb vent problem or a gummed up pilot like the tiny holes in the pilot riser tube.

Thanks.

I did the air filter right away, it was nasty! The oil change is next. The oil looks muddy thru the window so I figured I should do a change.before I go on a long distance ride.

I tried blowing out the carb and I'm pretty sure it was dirt that blew out and into my face. I will take it off again and remove all the jets, etc... I just don't want to mess up any settings :p

I'm getting sick of the water this year. I've sunk my bike several times but this was by far the worst :P

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom