pete fry

Mar 9, 2004
Seem to have a lot of play in the swing arm bearings.Only just replaced them with a kit from All Balls Racing.The shaft through the frame and the engine is tightly done up and I put an xtra washer under the nut in case the nut was bottoming on the thread.Im going to wip it apart again and check the needle rollers and try to solve it .It appears to me to be play between the bearings and the spacers they run on.All the rest of the linkage is perfect with no play at all.Any ideas???? I

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
hmm,

I'm sure you would of checked this but may be worth double checking.... any chance that the swingarm bolt/insert itself has worn and is causing some slack, may not be the bearings? I had the same problem on a KX-125 years ago.

PS. TnT Peat Hill Winterbourne:- A big well done Pete, another great placing again, sweet riding on another hard course :cool:
Where on earth did you pass me, you must have been so quick I missed you? You finished a lap up + 4 minutes (?) on me. I missed the extra lap by 90 seconds :bang:
I passed you by on that real hard climb into the woods from the farmers stubble field, you were parked up at the bottom with another Kawasaki catching some sun!

pete fry

Mar 9, 2004
I was so lucky to finish, on monday night I drained the fuel and only had half a mug left!!!!Thinking hard which takes alot for me I passed you going from the stubble field into the maize.It was very dusty so easy not to see.You must be very pleased with your 8th.A new bike that is alot different to a KDX Hmmm I dreaming Gas Gas!!!Well done ,see you at the next one.

pete fry

Mar 9, 2004
I took the bearings out of the arm and they have both got cracks in the outside case.So this is where the play is.Ive decided the all balls racing kit i bought should be renamed just balls racing!!!!! By cheap pay twice. :bang:

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
That sucks! Be aware that the bearing kits that Moose sells are the same bearings as the All Balls, just a different card in the package.

StuckinJersey

May 11, 2005
I just did all the bearing on my KDX this past winter with a mix of Moose and kick in the balls. They are all slowly crapping out on me. But I've found a bearing store were I can get most of the bearings I need as long as I bring them the bearing in question and the price is almost too cheap.

pete fry

Mar 9, 2004
Ive now ordered genuine kawasaki swing arm bearings so I know they will be good and for good measure I going to lube them with Bel-ray waterproof grease.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Thats true those aftermarket bearing kits are cheap bearings. Beware when you install any needle bearings that the bore has to be perfectly smooth. The bearing housing is so thin that any inperfection in the bore will cause the bearing to fail. Quality bearings can be found at most industrial supply stores at a good price.

Top Bottom