SX on CBS?

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Looks like the SanFran race is supposed to air on CBS tomorrow at 12:00 eastern. Lo and behold, the "700 Club" is having a telethon from noon until 3:00 and CBS is going to air it instead. WHYYYY!!!????? Please oh please :ahhh: can someone tape this race tomorrow and mail it to me!!?? I'll pay for shipping and will even include a new VHS tape (and the one with the race) plus some cash and return it after I get to watch it! Help a brother out? Please? :bang:

Email me? :(
jboomer@ec.rr.com

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
That really sucked A$$.

Nice warning CBS.
My buddie checked the CBS website, there was no info regarding only airing in the West!

Benny477

Aug 22, 2005
I had same problem,went home to visit my dad in western Kansas and they didn`t have it on but back home did.Thanks to my wonderful wife for taping it for me cause it was one of the best races I`ve seen in a long time.Still it was my understanding that CBS and Speed were going to split air time to alleviate this s*%@!

dirtrocks

Jul 7, 2005
dang it, i could have watched it at work and taped also, so is every race being broadcasted on cbs, or is it like 50/50? and one more question, is next weeks race on cbs? thanks again

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
My local CBS affiliate hasn't shown a single race.

Steve

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
neither has Houston's KHOU. They actually opted out of the SX package just to show infomercials. I hope that station burns to the ground. http://www.boycott-khou.com/ has even sprung up from all the uproar.....maybe next year we'll be as lucky as to see SX here in Houston, other than seeing it live at Reliant.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
splatt, Your CBS affiliate (KIRO I believe) has come onboard and they showed San Fran last Sunday, and plan to show the remaining scheduled rounds for CBS. KHOU in Houston is another story, they have no intention of showing the coverage exchanging detailed e-mails with a viewer explaining that SX ratings don't warrant the coverage and they can make more money from an infomercial.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Sunday. The San Diego round. noon east, 9 am west, I do believe

By the way, "San Diego" is German for "Whale's Vagina" . . .

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
XRpredator said:
"San Diego" is German for "Whale's Vagina" . . .

"No, there's no way that's correct." :) :rotfl:

trakkerman

Nov 12, 2001
After shoveling snow out of the driveway for two hours I grab a cup of hot cocoa, turn on the tube and find my local CBS has all day snow storm coverage.

:bang: :bang: WTF!!!!!! :bang: :bang:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
trakkerman said:
After shoveling snow out of the driveway for two hours I grab a cup of hot cocoa, turn on the tube and find my local CBS has all day snow storm coverage.

:bang: :bang: WTF!!!!!! :bang: :bang:

They showed it on UPN 57. :nod:

trakkerman

Nov 12, 2001
Vic said:
They showed it on UPN 57. :nod:

Now ya tell me. :think:

I record it digitally. It didn't show up anywhere else in the listings. :pissed:

Come to think of it...I have missed all the CBS showings for one reason or another. Gotta give SPEED props for having multiple air times! :cool:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
They both suck, CBS preempted the SX race with infomercials, and speed split the Lites show in the interest of NASCAR. I think that OLN should get the contract next year, at least they pretend to care. I am getting tired of having my son's heart shattered every time a race is supposed to air and doesn't.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…