LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
SPEED Channel has round 1 on LIVE right now. :aj:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
How about JS catching neutral going into the whoops, Erin chasing him down, and Big Bubba to help dry JS's face!!! HD rules, the facial expressions, priceless! What a way to start the opener! Kudos to JG, man I did not think he was going to make it, never saw the banner? Talk about concentration?

gracey

Feb 1, 2008
I agree on HD. The commentators are pretty lousy, however. They said banner, but it almost looked like he pulled the plastic off one of the bales???....I don't think it was a question of not seeing it. He went wide to avoid traffic. I did not think he'd pull it off either.... Really really amazing. I missed the post interviews, but his team was awesome- so happy.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Looks to be an interesting season!
Observations:

1) JS does NOT look comfortable on the Yamaha. At all.
2) RV is going to be a force.. I'm betting he beats Chad a couple times before the season is over.
3) Reed looks comfortable on the RM.
4) "J-Law" is more of a moron that I previously thought.
5) JS will end up on Honda... next year?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
First loss he's had on it. Basically swept the US Open on it, didn't he?
Okie said:
2) RV is going to be a force.. I'm betting he beats Chad a couple times before the season is over.
so you think Reed will be the man?
Okie said:
Beyond moron. And Dungey's obviously got some morals -- tripping his One Industries contract because they signed Lawrence. Gotta love the drama.
Okie said:
I dunno, man. I'd think if Honda wanted to cough it up and start winning again, they'd have done it for this year.

gracey

Feb 1, 2008
Okiewan said:
Observations:

Glad to see someone else say that...He looked like he was doing stoppies he was bouncing on that front wheel so much.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Okiewan said:
Observations:

6) JS's Mechanic will be 'let go'. :nod:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The dazed Bubba sure seemed a mess after the carnage was over. Either its a new trick pulling the clutch in to start up the 450 pig, or he still likes trying to restart while in gear? JS looked way sketchy! I was thinking he was really pissing on CR's cheerios letting him by then passing him back, seemingly with a little effort. Sure liked how fast RV's bike started! And that young man put some massive bulk on his body!!!! We were stomping and rolling when JL went down, and had to ride with no visor. He should do that all the time! I was bad rapping TP in another thread, and was that his ktm that, almost, took the holeshot? Damn JL was fast! Fast punk? I know at least 1 guy that turned the tv off, with the bmx crap at the beginning.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
. . . I know at least 1 guy that turned the tv off, with the bmx crap at the beginning.
I guess that's one thing we have to put up with in order to get the live broadcast -- all the extraneous folderol.

Could they have been any lamer with that opening ceremony?

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Did anyone notice JS after his heat win. After Erin interviewed him and walked away, the camera kept on JS and his mechanic for quite a while. He wasn't happy in the interview and when talking to his mechanic he looked frustrated. Kept shaking his head like "I dunno what's wrong with it...it's just wrong." Then looking so uncomfortable and sketchy in the main....I have to wonder if he just had some gremlins with the bike that night, cause he looked fine at the US Open.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
My oldest son Ryan, tells me that charging into the whoops does sometimes require shifting. Using the clutch will drop the front end, not healthy. So you sneak it into the next gear, keeps the drive going. And sometimes the shifter pops a false neutral instead! Did you catch JS's reaction win daddy wiped the sweat off his face for him? He touched him with his bare hands! Seemingly as big a germ a phoebe that he is, almost got a punch in on his dad! I will remember the look on his face for a very longtime, it was intense!

tweek49

Dec 30, 2006
I don't get it...

Everybody breaks J-Laws balls, "Blah Blah Blah little punk... needs to be more like a good school boy with manners BLah Blah Blah". Huh, who else was like that and had some speed? Oh yeah Bob Hannah.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Nope, JL breaks his own balls. I do find that ridiculous! And with such persistence! I do not remember BH not backing up his mouth, or partying the night before? Come to think of it, I do not remember having a shot a bashing him on the internet either?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Reesknight said:
Lawerence was only docked one position for cutting the track. I was expecting two positions like Reed got at Daytona.

I also thought the punishment would be much more severe, given how blatant the track cutting was and how bad J Law's record has been with the AMA. I figured he must still be on some sort of probation. Guess not.

Shaheen and Emig were bad, and I had to change the channel during the BMX BS. But Erin Bates was excellent, and so was the action and the on-track drama!

Sucks for KW that a dazed Bubba pushed the Yammie right into his line.

Congrats to Weimer and Grant for their big wins, and to Dungy and Reed for recovering and still picking up big points. Nice job by Short, too.

Villopoto will definitely get some wins this year.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
tweek49 said:
I don't get it...

Everybody breaks J-Laws balls, "Blah Blah Blah little punk... needs to be more like a good school boy with manners BLah Blah Blah". Huh, who else was like that and had some speed? Oh yeah Bob Hannah.
Hannah might have talked smack, and he backed it up, but he wasn't crashing rental cars into groups of innocent bystanders or sparking up doobs in the pits. Hannah was a workout fiend, spending every extra moment he had to make himself better. He'd say it himself -- he didn't have any natural talent, he worked for all of it. He had to work to be able to beat Marty Smith.

There is no comparison whatsoever between Bob Hannah and Jason Lawrence. If you're going to compare Lawrence to anyone, that'd probably be Ron Lechein. And the Dogger just liked to party, nobody else got hurt.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I figure they penalty on Lawrence was minimal because not only did he not gain a position.

Dungy was lucky he didn't get hurt when his bike quit on a jump in his heat race.

Bubba did look a little unhappy with the bike, but still looked fast if the crash hadn't happened.

I can't believe Kdub hit Bubba and got taken down too. I guess it is time for my annual, what the ###%& were the corners workers doing. It took the until after Kdub hit Bubba to get a yellow flag to the inside of the corner.

I also wonder if the quick start by CR and the no start by Bubba has anything to do with Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki all having fuel injections now and Yamaha still carbed?

When it first happened I thought CR just mis-judged his angle and took Bubba out, until the started talking about it and showed the replay I didn't know Bubba had hit neutral.

Reed looks faster this year and very smooth on the Zuk.. RV looks pretty good too, to bad he had such a poor start in the final.

Grant looks very fast, with this win he might have the confidence to run with big dogs all season.. I'd love to see a season with 4 or 5 contenders.

overall, one of the most interesting SXs I've ever seen.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
JBS looked very fast on occasions, but looked mediocre the rest of the time. Maybe he was pulling his "settle in, be patient" routine, but he looked herky-jerky and off balance sometimes. Based upon his obvious frustration earlier, I'm leaning toward him just fighting the bike. But when he would get it together, man he put some good charges on.

Also....whiskey tango foxtrot = Trey Canard!?!?!?! How do you produce the 3rd fastest lap time (within 2 tenths of the leader) and only muster 14th place?!? He looked fairly strong in his heat with a 3rd place. :bang:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
XRpredator said:
Hannah might have talked smack, and he backed it up, but he wasn't crashing rental cars into groups of innocent bystanders or sparking up doobs in the pits. Hannah was a workout fiend, spending every extra moment he had to make himself better. He'd say it himself -- he didn't have any natural talent, he worked for all of it. He had to work to be able to beat Marty Smith.

There is no comparison whatsoever between Bob Hannah and Jason Lawrence. .

+1

Also, Hannah was a master at getting into other racers heads. Lawrence is trying to do the same thing but it isn't working.

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
Bubba was dazed on confused when he pushed the bike in front of K-Dub....... Just like he was dazed and confused when he rode his bike in front of Preston a couple years ago......

Bubba has a bad habit of not looking around before he moves. K-Dub had that clear line but Bubba never looked to his left. WTF is wrong with that guy? He's going to get hurt one day for not looking around....

Does Bubba not look before he merges into traffic too? He must wreck a lot of cars like that.....

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
funkypunk97 said:
Bubba was dazed on confused when he pushed the bike in front of K-Dub....... Just like he was dazed and confused when he rode his bike in front of Preston a couple years ago......

Bubba has a bad habit of not looking around before he moves. K-Dub had that clear line but Bubba never looked to his left. WTF is wrong with that guy? He's going to get hurt one day for not looking around....

Does Bubba not look before he merges into traffic too? He must wreck a lot of cars like that.....
No, he just does stupid stuff so we can talk about it on the internet :p

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom