gainsboro

May 7, 2001
i understand these are available from ktm in differing thickness,s
does anyone know what is on as standard (2002)
and,if poss,which gives the best result
thanks

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Ahh i see your still learning to be a pumpkin mechanic:D the ktm doesnt have a right base gasket as such it has only the correct one to get the cylinder to sit at the correct height-X dimension this is listed in the manual-you have to do a build and measure the cylinder height then use a gasket to adjust the height to get it within spec-then you have to set the Z dimension(powervalve height).The easy way is to measure the one that comes off but this hasnt always been correct from the factory.If you are using race fuel you could lower the cylinder slightly and increase comp which will give it better pick up but may compromise overrev.Do not use the 0.2mm gasket on its own as these are only to act as shimming gaskets and tend to creep out from between the cylinder and cases.To get improved bottom end i have ran the cylinder 0.5mm lower than std but it did loose some top end.You could run a thicker one than std if you modify the head to compensate.

yota

Oct 9, 2001
If you read your manual, ktm 2 strokes require that you set dimension"x" and that is why they offer various size base gaskets. I have regularly ignoreed this and used various size gaskets without any harm but maybe I've just been lucky. I run the thinnest gasket on my 200 but I run cam 2 race fuel.

gainsboro

May 7, 2001
pumpkin marcus ????

need a squish of .90 im told
using vhm head
ill get a set of gaskets and a dial guage then
(and some solder !)

Top Bottom