synthetic or non-synthetic...that is the question?

XtremeAir125

Jul 5, 2001
should i run synthetic or non-synthic pre-mix oil in my bike? i've heard if you run synthetic, it doesn't goo up the valves as much as regular castor oil would? am i right? also, i heard about synthetic's is that if you still have it in your bike's gas tank after a few days (or weeks) that it will separate and won't perform as good. i don't race i just like to have fun on my bike in the woods or local pits. thanks guys!

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Similar question

I have a similar question to ask. Is synthetic ok to use in the cooler winter riding months. I have been told to stick to a semi-synthetic (like Yamalube 2R or Golden Spectro) as its lubricates better in the cooler riding months.

I just picked up some Mobil 1 MX2T synthetic to try. I am a regular Yamalube 2R user.

Thanks,

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I have been told to stick to a semi-synthetic (like Yamalube 2R or Golden Spectro) as its lubricates better in the cooler riding months.
That sounds like a old wives tail. The best snowmobile oils are all synthetic and they opperate in much colder temps than a dirt bike ever will. MX2T in my expierence is a great product.

Top Bottom