Take out the odometer?

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
hi, i wanna take out my odometer cord on my KDX 200. if I do this, what cqn I use to plug uop the hole?

Tamean

~SPONSOR~
Jan 27, 2001
I just used a hydraulic plug and filled it with blue silicone to keep dirt out of the plug. Also with a small bead on the bottom of the brim to help keep water out.

Tamean

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
want to sell your cable and meter?

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
When my odo unit got "taken out" by another rider, I took off the cable and siliconed a fired pistol case in there. IIRC, .45 ACP fit just right.

Does anybody make an odo drive replacement spacer?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'd also remove the bevel gear in the hub.

Gary

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
Umm...Sure, I'd like to sell you the cable fo rlike 5 bucks or something..idk..mabey..but when I wiped on the second day of getting it, I crushed up the odometer. so I threw it out. but the cable is mint. Please E-mail me at XR100Man18@HotMail.com if you are interested or bored...lol

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
ZipTy Racing makes a ODO plug which works great. Also, Stroker makes spacers in case you decide to remove the ODO gear unit.

Loughty

Nov 24, 2002
70 Marlin,
I am going to buy a 1988 KDX200 with a tripometer and timer on it that is in perfect shape. I am not sure if this is the same thing you are looking for. It runs on batteries and has a on/off switch on the back. If you are interested, email me at loug1806@hotmail.com I am trying to do this to cut down on my costs for buying this bike, and since I dont plan on racing, I dont need the tripometer and clock to follow a trail.
Just let me know.
Thanks,
Loughty

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
I used a "blue" thread protector cap from a compressed air cylinder. The outside diameter was a perfect fit for the hole. I used a dab of silicone to seal it up. All though it is a blue cap it looks like it is meant to be there.
Lew

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…