IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Here are the 2002 teams as I see them at the moment (the riders followed by question marks are ones that aren't for sure, but rumored, most of the rest are pretty reliable)

Honda: RC, Ernesto Fonseca, Nate Ramsey, Sebastien Tortelli, Ryan Hughes?

Yamaha: David Vulliemen and Tim Ferry, MC is with Yamaha doing his own thing again

Kawasaki: Lusk, Roncada, and James Stewart

Suzuki: Pastrana and Windham, Suzuki may run its 125 in house or as a satellite team, potential riders are Danny Smith, Ben Riddle? and the return of Buddy Antenez to 125 SX and Nats

Factory Connection/Amsoil Honda: Larocco, Jesseman, Michael Byrne, Larry Ward? and Chris Gosselaar?

KTM: Langston, Steve Boniface, Sellards, Pingree(SX only) maybe one more rider

Y.o.T. Greg Schnell, Ivan Tedesco, Justin Buckelew, Chad Reed, Rodrig Thain

Splitfire Kawasaki: Mike Brown, Shae Bentley, Bobby Bonds, Darcy Lange?

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator

Read that he was headed to Motoworld racing, on a Suzuki.:think

Read that as well, but now I'm hearing that he may be staying and they'll just add Schnell to the Y.oT. team. Plus Motoworld isn't a Suzuki dealer, yet at least.

MxKid512

Feb 10, 2001
Yeah the 01's were, but they made some big changes for '02. Transworld Motocross already tested one and they said it was way better.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Heres a big move, KTM just signed highly touted rookie to be Billy Laninovich. Billy has been riding Yamaha's with backing from Troy Lee Designs and is considered to be one of the next big things. He was rumored to be going with McGrath's team possibly and had turned down an offer from Y.o.T. KTM looks to have a very strong team again next year.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
How long before there's a KTM racing in the Japanese nationals?

Hmmmmmmmm . . . :think

I see that Steve Boniface is also signed to run KTM next year, while Dowdy is rumored to be thinking about 125 supercross on a 125SX.

What'll JD ride in the outdoors next year, though, with the rule changes?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Maybe Dowd will run KTM's new 250 4 stroke???

Sure hope not! Until they get it in their heads that it SHOULD be a new (i.e. smaller & lighter) engine design and not a sleeved down 400/520 he'll be riding a boat anchor to the bottom and Dowdy deserves more than that.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I think that they might have decided to go with a new engine for the 250, thats what is holding it up. As far as Dowdy how about a new 450 4 stroke? That will be the upper limit and you know that KTM will eventually make a 450, so why not put Dowd on a works one next year? He seems like a great canidate for an R&D rider.

Top Bottom