Team HS March 9th & 10th attendance (Ohio)

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
Alright guys, and gals, we need to know exactly how many people to expect in 3 weeks. so everyone that is coming please PM me, or jeff (smb_racing) so we know how many people to expect. thanks and hope to see yall there

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Hey that's less than a month away! But it's still too early to give you an exact count - but here's an estimate...

Pretty sure:

-Me
-squad_3670(Bill)
-weemus(Curt)
-erac(Ross)

Maybe:

-Magnus(Jason) That reminds me, are the trails wide enough for his Raptor?
-Bill's sassy new girlfriend
-A couple of guys that I never met that work with Curt.

I'll email everyone to see what their plans are... Of course if it's a winter wonderland that weekend, I probably won't go! Too Old for The Cold! :eek:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I thought magnus also has a CR5, why not tell him to go all out and bring out the girl's bike. He'd be fine in richland, but there's no way he'd make the HS course on that thing, although it'd be an excellent oppurtunity to watch some carnage if he tries.

I've personally laid out the racecourse, this is some of the most decently gnarly stuff we can tack on here at the ranch. Out in richland it's more of the stuff you guys live for, rocks, roots, ruts and clearcuts. Plenty of fly trail to be had but there's a little tight stuff mixed in as well.

For those of us who won't be able to go the distance in richland we'll have a gas truck, lunch will be available too provided that dan's wench is free that day.

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
my ol' lady will be there, providing she asks for the day off. the raptor deffinately won't make it out at the farm, but he'll love richland w/ it.

93cr250

Jul 9, 2000
I'm sorry, but were in ohio is this ? Is it just a fun get together HS ? I just picked up a new bike and would really love to ride it "NOW". If you could post alittle info that would be cool.

Thanks all
Brian

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
this is a fun get together, but anyone is invited that wants to come. we are located in southern ohio, about 30 minutes east of chillicothe. we ride about every weekend if u are interested.if u need more info e-mail me at [email protected]

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
I'm pretty sure I'm there. I'm laying the "ground work" to stretch it out for two days. ;) Unlike Tim I'm hoping the weather doesn't require studded tires. :think I'm getting excited for spring now. Are we all planning on camping?

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
That's pretty much the same set up I have. Or I could sleep on a lawn chair under SPD's awning of his trailer. I don't think I'll do that again.
:cool:

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I was thinking about taking the camper but I don't know:eek: If nothing else I have a big tent also. Can sleep 4 comfy. Will be there atleast 1 day for sure. Have to wait and see about work. I've got a couple vac days left but am saving them to go ride somewhere out of state.
Brian where you live,and what kinda of riding? Mx or trails.

93cr250

Jul 9, 2000
I live about 10-15 miles east of cleveland, in Willoughby. But always willing to drive to ride. I ride mainly trails, but thinking for doing some HS and GNCC races this year. I ride alot in Wellsville, OH (got to love that place) Also the normal parks around Ohio. Twice a year I try to go down to hetfield and Mc koy. Hope to get out and ride some new places.

Brian

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Brian,

What's Wellsville like? I'm less that an hour from there and have never ridden there and never really talked to anyone that has. Then I pick up this months Dirt Rider mag and see that it is ranked as the 3rd best off-road riding area in the USA! Right behind the Glamis sand dunes in CA, and Moab in Utah?! Are you kidding? Is it that good?

We'll all have to plan a ride there later in the spring... :)

Weemus

Nov 14, 2001
I will be there for sure on the 9th. Not positive about the10th. a couple of guys i work with are planning on going also. Jim has already posted the question about the trails being wide enough for quads. One of the guys i work with has a Blaster, so is it really advisable to bring a quad?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
quads are fine for richland, and we have a limited amount of quad trail here at the farm. We've been debating on when to have the actual HS race and when to have the trail ride in richland. Depending on who is going to be here when and if the guys who are only coming for one day want to compete or not we'll have to see. However we can ride richland both days, so quads aren't going to be a problem :aj:

93cr250

Jul 9, 2000
Wellsville the third best place to ride... WOW thats kind of cool. Alot of guys that ride there say if you can ride wellsville you can do any HS around. Kind of cool. I have been riding there for about 5-6 years. Acouple good friends have been riding there for over 15 years. It's really a great place, from your normal trails, to the extreme hill climbs and nice wooded trails. To get the whole feel for it you need to be with someone that knows there way around there. ( I even get lost sometimes). I try to ride there every other sunday during the spring to fall.

I wish I could ride with you saturday, I work 9-5's on saturdays. Sundays is the best time for me. Unless I give work acouple week notice to get off that day. My boss and one other co-worker rides to so it's almost a given that I can get off the days I need. But I would like to come down and ride some time.

Brian

Squad_3670

Apr 5, 2001
Re: Attendance

As of today 02/18/02 my status is indeterminate on attending depending on the efficiency of David Coe's fork fixing abilities. Apparently there's some special tool he needs to get a hold of to change the seals and wipers in my after-market racetec shocks. Yeah, I said after-market shocks but don't think I did it or know what I'm doing. They're from some kid who owned 'The Stallion' prior to me and tried to turn an RMX into an MX RM. But I do need high quality shocks to land my one-footed can-can/face plant freestyle tricks.
Anyway, if I have shocks, I will travel. And to the St. C. crew, I'll see if my woman's truck has a hitch so that Erac can maybe bring the lodgings and we'll tow his bike.

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'm definate! :aj: I'm not sure how many days but definatly Saturday and maybe half of Sunday. I have 3 spodes that want to come also but I can never really count on them to have their ducks in a row. I'll also be bringing my own campfire brewhaha and viddles.

Hey SMB, what time do you want to meet at the McDonalds on Saturday? Any time is good for me. The earlier the better. Since I'm driving so far I would like to get as much riding in as possible Saturday. I can get some riding in at that place close to the house while we're waiting for everyone to show up. Just let me know what is most convienent for you. I was also wondering if you could give me the number of the exit I need off of 32. I know you gave me the name of the road but I looked it up on Yahoo and their map says that it does not intersect highway 32.

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
jewell, u need to get off at the wellston exit, st rt. 327. manke a left there and we'll meet u at mc'donald's.

is it alright if we make it 8 a.m. to meet at mc'donalds, and for the ones coming down through lancaster or chillicothe and are planning on meeting us in hamden at the gas station, make it also at 8 a.m. . let me know if this is alright w/ everyone:aj:

rwcwoh

Mar 1, 2000
I have to work Friday, so I can leave the station at 8:00 am, get the bike and gear and head on down! I may have to cherry pick the best day to go if the wife has to work one of the days. Post a shedule of events as soon as possible, and this might help in planning. I might be able to scare up another rider or two. Hope the weather cooperates!!!

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
rich,
schedule goes like this. we are going to do the Team HS thing saturday. prolly will start sometime around 11. after than, alittle bench racing, then a afternoon ride out at richland, and come back. saturday night bonfire/brewhaha. sunday richland all day, and maybe more of the hs track. thats the plans so far. any input jeff?

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I'll be there at least one deay for sure. Should know more next week. Right now it does'nt look good for both days. Maybe I can get somebody to switch weekends.If I don't get busy and finish my bike I may have to bring it down in pieces and finish it. I'm sure if Firemedic is there he'll help :moon: How many guys are going to bring quads? Some guys at work ride quads and I was going to invite them.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom