Team USA 2005 Confirmed for the MXdN

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
nephron said:
2) How's Tedesco getting permission from Kawasaki to go? Wasn't long ago that Kawasaki was certain none of their riders would be allowed to go.
Tedesco does not ride for Kawasaki per se . . . and if they hassle him, he's supposedly jumping ship to Suzuki anyhow.

If Mitch wanted to prove that he does not play favorites to whoever is using his engine work (Brown) vs. his own team (Tedesco), the best way, in my not so important opinion, is to let Tedesco ride the bike he's been riding all year and put Suzuki plastic on it.

I'm not sure that came out the way I wanted it to, but I hope you all catch my drift.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's not about one race Pred... it's how they do over the season.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
It's not about one race Pred... it's how they do over the season.
and I don't understand what that means in comparison to what I said, but I'm still confused at what I was trying to say . . .

maybe I need to draw myself some pictures

dante

Mar 24, 2004
As for the Pro Circuit rumors, it would be easier for me to live with the decision that he was got per his recent performance, then to know it was that PC wanted their own rider/equipment there...that is pure rumor going around now though.[/QUOTE]

I heard about those rumors also... Honda wanted to lend Brown, Andrew Shorts Bike for MXDN... and Browns sponsors wanted him to ride their bike...

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I'm late to the party, as always, sorry.
My 2 cents
To put the selection process in riders hands is dangerous. To let a rider, or riders have influence over the selection process is dangerous... to not have a clear selection process in place is plain stupid, as even the distinguished MR. Whitelock may have realized by now. The privilege to represent your country at an international event can not be granted based upon subjective views of a selected few. It will NEVER work, there will ALWAYS be debate, arguments, bad blood. It has to be through qualification...i.e, race results and point standings at a certain cut off date. Simple as that.

Brownie got caught in something he should not have been caught in, the lack of capability of the AMA.(..unfortunately this seems to be the only constant with this organisation).
It really doesn't matter if you like Brownie or not, if you think he should go or not...thats not the point. The point is that he was asked to commit and then got canned...and that, in my humble opinion, is wrong.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
you guys are gonna win anyway so quit whining like a bunch of menopausal old hags.

but if you want something to complain about, start with them ugly ssed graphics they have.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
[ the lack of capability of the AMA.(..unfortunately this seems to be the only constant with this organization).

The point is that he was asked to commit and then got canned...and that, in my humble opinion, is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Amen to both points!!! At least we all KNOW the AMA IS consistent !!! :bang: :clue: :uh:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I think the us will win and make the rest look a little slow:( i think to win the mxdn seems so important to the us side that they will not compromise on a slow rider letting the team down.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Tedesco is going to be out of his element. He has not traditionally been a good outdoor rider and his decent showings this year have been a fluke and due to a lack of consistency of better riders. The Des Nations is not a series of races. Its ONE event. Even with Brown out of the picture Tedesco is not our best option for this one race.

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
380EXCman said:
...his decent showings this year have been a fluke and due to a lack of consistency of better riders.
Championships aren't won by flukes. Tedesco is a 2X Supercross champion. The guy can ride a bike. He is NOT the fastest out there, but the most consistent.
He has worked extremely hard to get where he is in the points now. He's smart, patient, determined and fast.
If he places horribly at the MXdN, that can be considered a fluke.

Ryan

Top Bottom