karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Riders to be named shortly,  hope it's Bubba, RC, and K-dub.  C'mon Kawi and AMA let Bubba run the 125 against the FIM boys.  That way it MIGHT be a race.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
It will be fun to watch Bubba on his 125 against Smets, Everts, and Pichon. I just hope the AMA and Kawi let him do it. Anyone remember Johnny O on his 125 at the DesNations about 15 years ago?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Doesn't sound like Bubba will be there :(

This from Motonews:

"Team USA is on for the legendary Motocross des Nations, this year in Belgium-Oct 4-5, the weekend before the US Open. The team should be announced this week. Honda is backing the trip so expect RC and KW's names to come up first. Yamaha is already talking to Ferry about going too. Hughes is also a top pick. Bubba is very unlikely to be on the team because Kawasaki doesn't want this race to be his professional 250 debut, and they don't want him battling Europe's open class 4-strokes on a 125. He's 17 and will have his time for the MXdN, just not this year. The trip was pretty much off until the word got out that USA wasn't getting any love from DORNA to help go, but the public outcry that you saw on Mototalk was heard and the AMA folks met to approve the trip. The race is popular with Americans, so we are going to go win it! Motonews will be there!"

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Word I saw on another board was that Kawi wants no part of the MXDN for Bubba. They don't want him to ride a 125 in the sand against the 250/450's and they don't want the MXDN to be his first race on a 250. they feel he will have plenty of opportunites to run the MXDN when he's ready and comfortable on a 250. Until then Honda is gung ho to go so look for RC, K-Dub and <insert rider other than Bubba here>.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Why not have Waggoner call RC and KDub and ask them to ride the AF? Can't everyone ride open now? Like the 650 class 4 strokes that Smets and Everts have been riding?

Now what's the format again? Still one race, with like 2000 bikes at the gate? :silly:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Bubba should go, but if Kawi won't let him, send Ferry,&nbsp;LaRocco or Dowd.&nbsp;&nbsp;

&nbsp;

My best scenario is&nbsp;put Bubba on the A team with RC and K-Dub, and send Ferry, LaRocco &amp; Dowd as USA's B team so they can take home the silver.&nbsp; :aj:

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
At Budd's Creek (pretty muddy, lots of hills) Bubba had the fastest lap of Sunday...that's faster than any 450 or 250...I mean he could finish mid pack on an 80, right?

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Ricky on an AF500 K Dub on The 450f and Bubba on a new kawazuki 250F the rest of the world might as well stay home. Or better yet make everybody ride AF500's kind of like that Race of Champions the Nascar guys do.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider

:eek: Whats yor point Dave

No disrespect intended to the other nations, but our '2nd string' would have an excellent chance of beating&nbsp;every other country.&nbsp; RC, KW and Bubba would be a lock for gold barring a mechanical DNF.&nbsp; &nbsp;

USA! USA! USA!&nbsp;

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Not the same team, but on the track at the same time. Unless they changed the format this year, it went to a run what you brung type deal.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by Erick82
What is the format USA against the rest? Smets, Everts and Pichon are from different countries how could they be the same team?

Erick, It's 3 riders representing each country.&nbsp; The format has evolved several times (for the worse, unfortunately).&nbsp; In the old days it was dominated by the English, then the Belgians, then the USA for awhile.&nbsp; Other countries have had their moments of glory, as well.

Last year's race was supposed to be held in the USA, but was cancelled due to a fiasco.&nbsp; The USA did not attend in '01 as the event happened shortly after 9-11.

My favorite format was the way it USED&nbsp;to be&nbsp; - 1 rider from each country in each class 125/250/500.&nbsp; Two classes on the track at the same time, 3 motos total (a 125/500 moto, a 125/250 moto and a 250/500 moto).&nbsp; Two row start, riders&nbsp;scored against other riders in your displacment class (for example first 125 wins class even though&nbsp;they are 5th overall).&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

I would love it if they went back to that format!&nbsp; It's great having the&nbsp;top 125s against the world's best 500 riders.&nbsp;

&nbsp;

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by dirt bike dave

My favorite format was the way it USED&nbsp;to be&nbsp; - 1 rider from each country in each class 125/250/500.&nbsp;

mine too.

motomike137

Nov 21, 2001
My favorite was the original format. Two weekends of racing, 250's one week 500's the next with all riders racing all four 45 minute moto's. I think the next best thing would be to have everyone race 2 motos against each other with the low total winning. Maybe next year!

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Windham's probably afraid to fly. Anyone want to bet that's NOT what it is? If true...just another example of his frailties.

I'm not bagging him up, either. He's 'a real nice guy'. Roger 'couldn't get mad at him, because he was so innocent and sweet'. It's just reality. This time, for WHATEVER reason (doesn't matter to me), it's really somewhat unpatriotic/or 'not a team player' type of deal. I don't like it at all.

That ought to get some Windham fans typing madly. Sorry again. It's just an opinion, and that's what we're here to do.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Windham must have told them he couldn't go, maybe with the new baby or something. How else could they select Ferry or Ryno over him?

Top Bottom