Larsey

Jul 25, 2001
Just a dumb question, but does the AMA do a tear down when someone wins the point championship? Nothing against Brown's great riding ability and tenacity but from everything I've read and seen it looks like his bike is just awesome. I know Mitch Payton can work miricles, but I also know he is not happy with the c.c. differance in the four stroke. I'm not trying to start a big argument, but I know Nascar does inspections quite frequently.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
AJ will have the answer, but I believe they impound the top 3 overall everytime after the 2nd moto, but they don't tear anything down unless someone protests them. I believe you have something like 30 minutes after the race to protest, otherwise everything stands.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Can you just imagine, Langston protesting Browns 3rd place, they strip the bike, and do find something illegal, strip Brown of his points and hand the championship to Langston. Every race from then on I can see a protest going against Langston - quid pro quo - also very unsporting like, and bad for the sport.

After all, we are dealing with professionals who use every trick in the book to win.

Remainds me of the time Schumaker was stripped of a win in F1, and Ferrari proved that by placing the car in a certain position that the height of the car was within spec, and got their points back !

KDXDan

Oct 17, 2000
Browns kx was fast at SC but he was coming up well short on jumps that Langston could clear everytime. I saw the riders riding right to the pits after the motos and then hand the bikes over to the mechs who washed them. I didn't see where there was a tech inspection. One last thing. RC's 250 was in his tent next to his 125 which looked identical.:eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom