kdx357

Mod Ban
Nov 20, 2001
i modded my stock pipe and silencer and now my bike is lean says a plug chop, the tech tips suggest putting a richer needle and the stock or leaner pilot and needle is this right. it is for a 89 kdx 200. please answer as i need new jets and i dont want to buy the wrong lean ones because i need richer ones right now.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Um, well the plug chop will tell you only Mainjet & has to be performed properly or is useless.

My 91 worked just peachy on site recommended jets. Some variation can be expected using different gas & oil mix ratio + from bike to bike etc.

I’d also check for airleaks esp in airbox manifold, filter, reed manifold, crank-seals etc just to be sure, then if you feel you need richer then go richer.

PS: for the less than full open jets make sure the slide isn’t grooved or it will leak, causing a lean condition, had to replace mine & yours is probably as bad.

Ah I see you've posted more than one thread, best not to do this.

Last edited:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
That jetting is in your bike right now? What temps, humidity, altitude etc are you riding in? Any mechanical problems like an air leak, carb problems dirty filter etc?

David

kdx357

Mod Ban
Nov 20, 2001
i think i got it straight now my float level was 1-2 cm off mine has a 158 main 48 pilot and 1172n needle it was a rainy 100% humidity day about 40 f and i had a nice tan on my plug , i figgure it will get richer as temps go up so i think im clear. but if i snap the throt at lower rpm there is a little hesitation, not quite a bog just a little hesitation , any insight . is this normal , i just modded the pipe but it still has massive dents in it , it has heaps more power and the hesitation has been reduced, if i pull the dents how much more power will it make ?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom