Teenage drivers What up wit dat?

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Hey teenage drives help me out here, I cant understand why you drive hanging off the right side of your seat. Can someone explain why they do that? I have some ideas.

1 They are new drivers and are not used to driving on the left side of anyting since the only thing they ever drove was a lawn mower or a bike in wich you sit in the middle so they have to try to sit in the cneter of the car to keep from driveing off the shoulder.

2 They are hopefull they will get a job delivering mail with the postal service and are practicing driving and leaning out of the passenger window to deliver the mail.

3 They are listneing to gangster wrap and mimicing their likes who have to drive like that to fool wood be shooters who may aim at the drivers side thus avoiding the shoots

4 They have such an expensive stero system with so many knobs buttons lights and displays that it requires more attention to operate then the car thus the modified more ergonomic driving position.

5 They keep spilling stuff on the seat and its wet so they sit on the center console to avoid soda butt.

Thease are just the theries of a confused observer sitting on his patio to long and driking to many beers as he ponders the universe and its inhabitents so any light anyone could shed could save me some pondering so I dont forget to flip the burgers on the grill would be much appreciated.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
5 They keep spilling stuff on the seat and its wet so they sit on the center console to avoid soda butt.

I think you nailed it lol. I crack-up everytime I see one of these coolios. I like to mimmick them at the stop light :) Look over... nod. Flip up some moronic hand sign and cruise away...

I'm a GANGSTA!!!

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Im hot.

Last edited:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Whoa! 30 days! See you in late August buddy, I'll send you a cake with a file in it! ;) :p

MX2_motorex

Jan 7, 2003
Holy crap thats not even as half as bad as the teenage drivers in Puerto Rico. These mutations(thats what I call them) drive an old piece of crap car thats worth pobably $200 to $400 and they buy a brand new $2000 exuast system so there cars would sound "cool"(they sound awful). Then they go on the tiny tiny rodes in Rincon that can bearaly fit two cars and drive those crapy cars as fast as they can with no seat belt on, with there head hangin out the window with there cap on side ways and then end up being seriosly ingured or killed for being stubid. Its defenetly a comon seen down there. I hope that they get there licinse taken away before they get in an accident.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I gotta say, although I have seen some gangsta's and riceboys who think they're cool, I've never seen someone hanging off the right side of their seat. And no, I'm not a teenage gangsta driver, and don't try to look like one. I have been thinking about putting one of those 4 ft. aluminum wings on my truck, though ;) :moon:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
"6- They think the smell is coming from OUTSIDE the car!"

LOL Thats a good one ! :)

7 They dont relize the rear view mirror is adjustable.

8 Becuase the upside down side ways golf visor bangs against the A piller if they sit right.

9 The noise from the Fart car exhaust they put on is makeing them def.

10 They installed a $2000 PS2 in the back of the seat of their $200 Camery and they want to look at it.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
11 They're practicing being closer to the sweetie in the passenger seat they wish they had.

12 The 5-point harness on their aftermarket racing seat is uncomftorable. If they sit on the armrest, there is no seatbelt.

13 Their $200 Honda civic they bought from Bubba didn't have a driver's seat. Instead of buying one, they spent all their money on the boom-boom sound system.

14 The reflection of the underbody neon lights in the outside driver's mirror is blinding them. Like #7, they don't realize it is adjustable either.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
15. The $200 car also comes with a $10 seat. The springs are poking thru the fabric so they have to sit on the center console as to not have their butt cheeks peirced. :)

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
i don't know if this classifies, but when i drive my moms car, i lean on my elbow on teh center console, mainly bc it's comfortable, but when i'm in my dad's truck, i put my left arm out hte window, then i put my right arm on the center counsole and steer with my right arm from the side, it's just comfortable. It's also easier to drive (for me) with my left arm on the wheel, and my right arm ont he console, 2 hands doens't feel right, and i just go back to 1.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by Stan_Flemmings
I gotta say, although I have seen some gangsta's and riceboys who think they're cool, I've never seen someone hanging off the right side of their seat. And no, I'm not a teenage gangsta driver, and don't try to look like one. I have been thinking about putting one of those 4 ft. aluminum wings on my truck, though ;) :moon:

It's all about tha gangsta lean.

follow these steps and I'll teach you how:

1) recline your seat all the way back (or very close to it)
2) turn yo hat around sideways or backwards
3) lean to da right (a lot)
4) throw yo lef hand on da steering wheel and kinda hook yo wrist over it
(this keeps you from falling backwards or over sideways)
5) play some gangsta rap real loud wiff da bass turned up and da treble turned down, yo.
6) bob yo head to da tuneZ and make a cool face

you are in the correct position if yo back can't touch da seat (it looks cool reclined, yo) and you are balanced on yo right butt cheek.

-jeffd "In da hizzle fo shizzle, my nizzle"

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ah Ha!!!! we appear to be getting to the bottom of the issue now! It appears that todays youth are physically challenged, and perhaps it is from the playing of Nintendo, Sega, PS 2, Xbox, ect, ect, the spine now shaped in a slumped hump back position from sitting on the floor and looking up. Todays kids are physically unable to hold there arms up to hold the wheel and so they have to try and hook their hand over the wheel to hold them selvs up. Perhaps they laque the strenght and endurance to sit upright as the weight of their own bodies stress their week spines to the point they seek a lay down position.
OMG! our youth are in troubble! Are kids are wasteing away infront of the TV! Someting needs to be done! Quick lets start some legislation to make back braces mandatory for all drivers under 18 years of age!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
hmmm . . . never thought about it. I lean to the right to rest my elbow on the daughter's car seat . . .

am I a Gangsta? :eek:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
No Pred, but all of those tattoo'd tear drops under your eyes do!

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Cuz gangsta azz......

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I am not a teenager but I drive like that becuase Milk told me all the cool people drive like that.

Top Bottom