Teens Injured in Dirt Bike Accident

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Local story:

http://www.turnto10.com/news/9407073/detail.html

It's people like this that :pissed: me off...

There is NO legal riding in the state of Rhode Island first off. Secondly, teens? Where were the parents? And if you're riding with a couple of friends, why would you just take off on them and then decide to go back instead of all just sticking together?

It's not just me is it? These are the people that make us good dirt bike riders look bad... :|

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
It could happen anywhere...

They're kids. I've seen more adults on dirt bikes acting stupid than kids. As a rule, kids are uaually more timid on their bikes than adults. This was just an accident, resulting from a poor decision. I doubt there is anyone on this board that hasn't made one.

My own kids have made the same mistake. We had a play track on our property that had a few blind corners. We ran the track both ways. One day while just running laps one of my kids decides to reverse the direction without letting the other know, resulting in a head on when both were in the same line on a blind corner. No major injuries...just bruised ego's, and a broken front fender. (And a good scolding from dad)

I parked my son (do not ride until I get back and say it's okay) while I checked out a local riding spot that was on private property to see which way people were running around and how many were there. Two adult riders had a head on right in front of my son in mid air over a table-top jump. One guy was pretty messed up. Fortunately there was an EMT riding there too.

If I'm not riding an organized event where I know everyone is going the same direction, I'm always on the lookout and very careful in blind areas.

I hope those kids are okay.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom