yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Hey guys-
My dad told me that he would buy himself a bike. Now I'm kind of a four stroke guy and kind of a Honda guy, but I'm considering the KDX for him. He's 190 lbs, 6'1". Now my dad isn't what I'd call an aggressive rider. He just likes to get out and put around. Most of what he'd do would probably do is relatively flat powerlines. No excessive speed, probably about 40 mph average. So would this bike work? I chose to put this here because I want to confirm my ideas, and make myself more confident about how good the KDX is. Any opinions greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot
-yzeater

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
Go buy a KDX. :p
They're really easy to learn on and it sounds perfect for the type of riding your dad will be doing.

OLD-N-SLOW

Nov 21, 2000
Yz,
Your dad sounds like me but smaller. I weigh 230 lbs and love the kdx.
Now I,m not going to sit here and tell you that once in a while i dont wish for more power, But to me the tradeoff :good manners,never fouls a plug and runs perfectly vs extra power is worth it. Besides, it has i,m sure saved me lots of pain from doing something stupid with the extra power. I cant get hurt,
I'm an adult now you know. :D If he likes to plunk around with an ocasional
blast when he's trying to keep up to you is his bag, then theres none better
than the kdx.
kdx= cheap...fun..lots of good mods out there,......reliable.
Steve

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I am probably older and slower than your dad. On my fourth KDX over 20 years. Easy to ride, easy to start, easy to maintain. Just cheap reliable fun, that set up right will fly with the best. Oh by the way, I have never done a top end, clutch, or split the cases on any of my KDXs, just simple routine maintenance and lots of fun. Buy it.

JSTUCKI

Jul 8, 2002
Bought all the hype about the XR400 being such a great trailbike, the magazines run down the KDX and praise the XR. So I bought the XR400 and learned to hate life! The bike has absolutly no positive qualities! If you drop it when it's hot you can forget about starting it without pulling it with another bike for about 100 yards. The bike is heavy and all that weight feels like it is at gas cap level! Ok, so after a miserable year on the XR I sold the pig and bought a KDX220 (2002). The bike starts first kick and handles fantastic. I put the FMF Gnarly Woods pipe on it with a Turbine Core 2 and the bike flat hauls! And get this, I paid $3898 out the door. So the answer to your question is buy a KDX and never look back. P.S. Honda really does own the magazines.

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
As canyncarvr stated..
Go for the 220.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I'm old and slow. Love my KDX220. It's just what th doctor ordered. ;)

dirtryder72

Jul 24, 2002
there is no other bike thatcould suit that situation any better i have a 87 kdx 200 and even with it bein 15 years old it still runs like new...good choice

Shift-MX

Feb 10, 2002
Dont buy a KDX they suck!

*Shift-MX Runs and hides in a corner*

/end sarcasm

K no really go buy one, there awsome bikes...even though i dont own one. But go buy one anyways. :debil:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom