23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Has anyone had a nagging case of sore arm/tendonitis? I don't think this is tennis elbow, since it is not specifically in the joint. It's in the upper forearm muscle, but the pain can be felt in different areas of the forearm/bicep, depending on what I do. I'm guessing this is aggrevated by doing a lot of spreadsheet stuff at work. Something as simple as picking up a coffee cup or buttoning a collar can hurt like he!!.

How to treat? I've been battling this for almost a year, and it has gotten a bit more intense in recent weeks. I tried a 2 week test of icing it every night when I got home, taking Advil twice a day, wearing a compression wrap around the clock, and generally trying to avoid using the arm when possible. No improvement in that time period.

Dr. DRN, your therapy suggestions are welcome.

WFO

Dec 27, 1999
Sounds exactly like what I get. Seems to be agravated by any sudden impact motion (like using a machete) or twisting at the wrist. It's why I quit riding a year or so ago, but now I've got it again just prior to getting a top end back from E Gore. I don't have a clue how to get rid of it, but will be happy to share my next Texas Lotto winnings with whoever does.

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
I've had really good results from Vioxx(Relafen).It takes a couple of weeks for it to start working,but it has really helped the tendonitis in my hands,elbows,and shoulders.

ttown250

Sep 30, 2002
celebrex works wonders for me, when I rode my cbr929 all day, the next week my arms would hurt to just move in any direction. I have had really good luck with the celebrex,unfortunatly it is not an over the counter drug. it is a antiinflamitory and your doc should know plenty about it. in fact after saturday at cooperland i have been taking it w/ good results once agin.

vco01

Jun 17, 2002
I had tendonitis in both elbows for over two years and was totally at a loss as to what to do?? I tried acpuncture and it REALLY worked!! I went to 4 20 minute sessions over a three week period and I was cured!!

Give it a try and you'll be a believer as well

Vince

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
yeah, that is tennis elbow.
takes a long time to get rid of, and have just learned it comes back easily.

got mine from being on crutches so long, after snapping achilles tendon.

hit a bad rut while riding, pain went shooting up my arm, initiating the problem again.
acupuncture fixed it the first time around but now I wear one of those tennis elbow hard plastic/velcro supports when riding and that has made a big difference. I wear it ourside my jersey so I can adjust it while riding.

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
1. Exercise it, but stay away from any movement that aggrivates it in and out of the gym.
2. Find a good anti-inflamitory that works for you.
3. Ice/heat it every night fill (fill sink with ice cubes and cold water, and emmerse your whole elbow for 2min, and then put heat to it pad/water for 2min back and forth for about 20min).
I did all of these, and they worked for me, but to take it a step further you could find a good physio thep., acupuncture thep., or chiropractor.

Top Bottom