Tera Flex tires

ghunter

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 24, 2001
Has anyone ever used a tire called a Tera Flex?

My understanding is that this tire was made by the Dick Cepek company and claims to be the largest (tallest knobs) tire offered for off-road motorcycles.

Since I replace tires on my KX500 about every 3-4 rides, I'm looking into this tire for traction and longevity reasons. The tire is reasonably priced (about $75) and comes in various sizes and 2 styles.

Please respond with any comments good or bad.

Thanks!

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
If its the same tire I am thinking of, I had one on a IT 490 years ago. It was steel belted and you could run it flat. I didnt have that bike terribly long so cant comment on longevity.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Hillclimber tire of choice

They have been depleted for several years, can't find them anywhere.

Heard there is some guy who bought the mold and is recasting them but the side walls are stiffer.

Guys do run them flat and cut every other row of knobs off which creates a paddle like tire.

A guy showed up at a hillclimb last season with about six of them and sold out before sign up was closed @ $100.00 per tire!

ghunter

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 24, 2001
Well, if you're looking for them try this link:

http://www.intercotire.com/html/tera-flex.htm

I happen to have one that I acquired a few years ago that is still brand new. I am considering putting it on my KX500, but wanted some opinions before wasting my time. Nothing like planning a ride only to find out your tire stinks!

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Thanks for link g'

The tire on the right--#2 is the one everyone uses for hillclimbing.

If you put one of them with the row of knobs (row with the center gap) on your 500 it'll scream!

ghunter

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 24, 2001
Cool, that's the one I have; thanks KW. Any experience with this tire on anything besides hill-climbing? I don't climb hills unless they get in my way.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
They used to be sought after

by desert racers when they had softer sidewalls. They run forever when flat.

They don't corner real well and they are pretty heavy.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
G'

<<--HERE-->> is a picture of an Open Class Hillclimber with the Tera Flex on it and the knobs cut off.

There are some really good pictures there that have just been posted. :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…