• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 189

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Better there than here! We're tired of this global warming crap!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I bet that causes some issues around town......

They really need to quit poking holes in the Ozone layer with those space shuttles, this global warming is getting out of hand.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Okie has been gone from the Midwest too long. The snow has found him! Our big snow storm from earlier this week, just about gone. Blew to Ohio and/or melted already! Now if Dallas was in the single digits? Shuttle indeed. Thats a lie to cover the whaler ship full of Gored heads out in the pacific, buckling the jet stream with whale skins and dresses. Vintage Bob

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Maybe this pole shift nonsense is real. :coocoo:

Cool…….get out your skis and enjoy it while it lasts.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
LOL! Chili, did "Texas" pass thru your mind yesterday?

We ended-up with an official 12" I heard. Went to work this morning to find no-one there, got a couple things done, power went out... came back home. Roads are just slushy, no biggie, but everything is shut down. In Chicago, no one would have given a second thought to this. Here, different story.

Folks are out trying to knock the snow off their sagging trees. Looks like it's melting pretty fast so I'm not gonna bother. Kids making snowmen all over the place.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
When I was down in December we made the trek over to Austin to have dinner with Mr and Mrs Patman, Austin was in the midst of "disaster planning" for the extreme weather, looked like a decent fall day to me :laugh:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Dayum! :yikes: California and it's crazy politics is lookin' better and better all the time. ;)

Now, where did I put my shorts? :nener:

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
Okiewan said:
All time record here in Dallas, 9", possibly 2 more still falling.
My trees can't take the weight (a negative to keeping leaves year-round I guess)

My thoughts when I was in those situations up north was you don't worry about the trees or the power lines since you really don't want to be under them .... you worry about the roof ......

I have no clue if there is a standard for weight on the roof or if it is a local zoning thing but as soon as my upstairs closet door was sticking I was shoveling the roof

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Nice, i love playing in the snow. 12" is a a lot even for here in Pennsylvania.

But we just had a storm 21" of snow fell here at school. I couldn't go to work the next day.

I left in the middle of the storm at midnight to go venture out and see how everything was, I was bored, My car does really good in the snow, and.... i was bored.
IMG_0137.jpg

At the point of this picture 12"-15" had already fell. This was a plowed parking lot.
IMG_0140.jpg

This was the next morning, 21" of snow, and i was out till 2am and it was over by 7-8 am.
photo.jpg

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I like the way it snows here in SC. We get 4-6 inches once every 5 years, it's pretty for a day, then it melts quickly and it's back to T shirts and shorts.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Maybe global warming is causing the next Ice Age?

Does this mean I can ride my dirt bike to Canada? It's only like 30 miles or something across the lake. Half an hour wide open across the ice and I'm there!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Calling algore. Hello al. Are you there? :whoa: Anybody seen al? :coocoo: He seems to be missing. :nener: :laugh: :rotfl:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
He is not missing, he is busy out in the Pacific. Put the notes in a bio-degradable bottle, and heft it into the Pacific Ocean, he will get the message! Or, by shipping all our manufacturing sources to China, their abuse on the ozone layer is freezing us out now. In the early to mid 1900's they was getting the foul weather? Speculating aloud/figuring? And neither point sets well with me. The fruitcakes making these decisions really should be held accountable. Money first, common sense and concern for the average Bob, never! Vintage Bob

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
this winter really sucks. since the first of december, we've been consistently 10-15 degrees below normal. we've already nearly doubled our normal amount of snow. the period from christmas eve to january 15th was the coldest on record since 1911.

bring on summer!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Okiewan said:
No kidding, here too. Today was the first day in what seems like 2 months, the sun was shinning and it was t-shirt weather. Crazy stuff.

Hmm..Maybe Texas is Bi-Polar like Michigan is ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom