Thanks for all the Help, Here is some info..

CaptHookLV

Dec 22, 2004
For those of you with KTM WP 48 forks (mine are off of a 2002 KTM 250sx Racing model). With the springs out and completely bled (as well as forks heated to pull out all air) to set up the forks with a 130mm air gap, 560ml of 5 or 7.5 weight fork oil is needed. FYI. :aj:

CaptHookLV

Dec 22, 2004
Heated to bleed all air..

Some of the guys I ride with own the KTM shop here in Vegas. The taught me to fill fluids in the fork tube to desired height. Bleed by even pressure on cartridge. Then take a small hand held torch (mapp, propane) heat up the fork tubes so that they are hot to the touch. DO NOT HEAT them up so much that the forks are changing color.(It would take allot of heat to do that too). As you heat the bottom of the fork where fluid is in fork.(on the side of the fork) Slowly start bringing the heat upwards to help bring any air to the surface. Recheck fluid height and add any if needed.

Definition = Plush forks.

Once the forks are cool enough to handle, add springs, and continue to finish putting forks together.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The only difference i can see is the airgap will be more accurate, it wont make the fork plusher. I bet if you left a fork for a few hours for the air to rise and then set the final level it would be similar to heating.It doesnt matter which system you use as long as its consistant.

Top Bottom