That one thing...

IamRyan

Aug 23, 2006
I was just wondering if anyone would ike to share that one thing, or couple things that made you a faster/better rider than before you learned/were told about it.

Personaly mine was dont ride over your head to keep up. It did not exatly make me faster but mabey a smarter rider.

Trails and MX.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
MoM: You have two kids now that depend on you and you have bought another dirt bike!! Didn't you learn any thing when you rode before? This has made me a carful rider but at the same time a better rider (( NOT RIDING OVER MY HEAD ))
I find myself staying on two wheels more often now than when I rode in the 80's and thought I had something to prove. :nod:

RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
Keeping my weight on the outside peg in corners, you hear it all the time, it really lets you use more throttle in the corners, and when the rear starts to slide out you have more control.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I think keeping the weight on the outside peg like rmzryder said nhelps aa lot.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Counter-steering on flat track/roads. Turn left to go right.

Weight the outside peg.

Stand up!

Use the clutch.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Okiewan said:
confidence.

+1 :cool: A friend of mine who rides pretty strong in the intermediate class (going pro this year) always said I should be more confident, it helped me a lot.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Look farther down the track/trail. The farther ahead you look, the faster you will go.

Do your breaking before the turn, then accelerate thru and out of it.

Keep your feet on the pegs as much as possible, you'll have more control over the bike and your body position.

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
when i started riding these two things were told to me and they are very very true. :nod:

1) when in doubt, gas it. (that goes for a washout, big rut, rock, fallen tree, ect..)
2) look where you WANT to go (you will always lean the way you are looking).

fisco

Mar 23, 2007
My one thing: to play as much as possible.

Wheelies, stoppies, whoops, turn like ricky. Practice at your own pace.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…