The best 250 to convert?

KDX607

Mod Ban
Nov 6, 2006
When the weather gets nice again, im looking to spend 2,000 on a 250 mx bike to covert to a bike that can handle track and trail decently. i wanted to know which bike has been the torquiest over the years '99-03? So far, I hear rm's are too twitchy and nasty, cr's have less low end power, so as of now i like the kx's and yz's. Suspension would be a toss up, not sure hard or soft, but flywheel weights, light kits, and other stuff is what i want to do to it. I don't want to be a pro mx'er, but just enter a few events at the local tracks. I also want to do hare scrambles and possibly even an enduro. I know the kdx is great for the last two, but the mx tracks are simply painful on the kdx.

02rm250

Uhhh...
Sep 25, 2006
I have an 02 rm. Its ported, piped, has v-force reeds and shorter gearing. It pulls very smoothly. It has a ton of low end and an adjustable power valve. If you tension it more it has more useable(less snappy) low with a stronger hit inthe mid-top. It doesnt really rev insanely high, but you learn to get the next gear sooner. It is great in tight woods, it is very agile. I havent done much jumping with it though. Hope this helps.

mongial

Oct 28, 2006
I have the same bike and second that. Only difference is mine is not ported :( (YET)

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006

either the KX or YZ would work pretty well in HS and enduros. i know of a couple of people who ride both of these bikes for HS. to be exact: 4 KX's, 2 YZ's

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…