williamson425

Nov 8, 2005
Wich year CR 250 would you consider best and why. say between 98-04. Im considering a bigger bike from my 250f but not real sure i want another 4bomb.

Im mainly mx. I dont race alot but i ride the tracks alot and am pretty hard on stuff.

Definately has to be a honda though :laugh:

skipn8r

Mar 10, 2004
Suspension and frame wise, I prefer the '02 - '06. Most people seem to prefer the engine in the '99 - '01. I've just installed a ported cylinder/head combo on my '03, so I'll post my opinion of power after Saturday :nod: .

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
skipn8r,
just waiting ..........need details also

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I had a '99 and now have an '02 cr250. Best combo would be the '99 motor in the '02 frame. The '99 had a nice hit to it but handling wasn't as good as the '02. Don't be afraid of the first gen aluminum frame, though. After setting the suspension correctly, it was just fine. Also, very, very dependable. I just miss the hit!

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
ellandoh said:
skipn8r,
just waiting ..........need details also
Me too My 2003 CR250 is still new (one month old) otherwise it would have already got the "Mo-Better" port job. When it needs rings it will probably get it. So let us know! Oh and I like the '03 so far. Delta force reeds, 50 tooth rear sprocket, and factory sound silencer are my only mods thus far.......

jrm

Apr 30, 2002
If you're confining it to 98-04, I'd have to say the 00-01s were the best because the motors were excellent, and the handling/suspension is fine with a suspension revalve. Seems Honda didn't really get the case reed motor (02-06) really up to snuff until '05-06. I had an '00 and loved it after I got the suspension set up. But my '05 is much faster, handles better and has suspension that needs nothing but clickers adjusted to suit conditions.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Handling and light feel the best would be the 02' to 06'...Then engines are fast but they are not easy to use like the 01'...You can get a leftover CR brand new for cheap right now and get a good port job and turn it into a monster....My buddy's Varner mod 04' is scary fast...So much that when I got off that thing I couldn't see how my buddy managed to race it competitively without getting hurt.

But....after riding my friends Varner CR250 I had no motivation to ride my bike again because his was so strong...so I took my bike apart and sent the cylinder and head to Eric Gorr and had it ported for use with race gas...I just got it back and will be putting it back together next week...I'm curious to see how it compares with the Varner bike...Were going to do some back to bike comparisons once everything gets dialed in and have our own little shootout...

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
john3_16 said:
Handling and light feel the best would be the 02' to 06'...Then engines are fast but they are not easy to use like the 01'...You can get a leftover CR brand new for cheap right now and get a good port job and turn it into a monster....My buddy's Varner mod 04' is scary fast...So much that when I got off that thing I couldn't see how my buddy managed to race it competitively without getting hurt.

But....after riding my friends Varner CR250 I had no motivation to ride my bike again because his was so strong...so I took my bike apart and sent the cylinder and head to Eric Gorr and had it ported for use with race gas...I just got it back and will be putting it back together next week...I'm curious to see how it compares with the Varner bike...Were going to do some back to bike comparisons once everything gets dialed in and have our own little shootout...

hurry up and get them 03 results posted im interested in the EG porting on my 03 :nod:

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
SQUIRLEYMOFO said:
(Fiddy) "50cent" tooth rear sprocket
:rotfl:

ok sorry,i'm tired.........

Crazy

Top Bottom