JAMRACING

Apr 21, 2000
it basiclly says that it will debut at the Supercross opener, and it weighs about 8lbs less than the Yamaha. Horsepower numbers are around 33.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Here we go again folks

Oh boy....sounds like another:

"Hottest bike of the year"
"Best thumper ever built"
"Bike of the century"
"oh GOSH mommy, ive just GOT to trade my (crf450/yz250f/yz426f) on it! it's the gnarliest!"

machine.
Here come the rag articles.......:eek: :confused:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Originally posted by OnAnySunday

"Hottest bike of the year"
"Best thumper ever built"
"Bike of the century"

Hey, easy now,.....those phrases cost money!:D

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
So I wonder if it will by at the Inday Supercross or Atlanta, I would like to hear/see one of these babies. Anyone want a 2002 YZF250 ?? hehhehehe.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Does anyone else think its kind of funny that we're only hearing about this from a site that is in Hebrew? The only other place I've seen anything on this is other message boards, but the hebrew site is the reference on all of them. I'm gonna keep this one in the rumor department for myself, I'm sure Honda is working on this very bike, but I wouldn't even try to guess when we'll see it.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

Here is a pic of a 450F for comparison.

http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/models/2002/index.html?model_number=CRF450R

Doesn't it seem odd that the 250 has the same clutch size and kickstarter as the 450. Oh wait - it even has the same engine, except for some black pixels added to make the header look thinner. If you look at the pic on the Hebrew board, you can see where the long 450F muffler has been edited out.

Also notice that the two bikes have the same wheelbase, judging by the location of the rear axle relative to the end of the number plate.

And why would they be privy to this kind of information?

An obvious hoax.

Last edited:

JAMRACING

Apr 21, 2000
I hat to bust your conspiracy theory Holeshot, but this is the real deal...
To start off, I have a friend in Italy who is a moto-journalist (his site is .Motonews.org ), and even before I saw this picture (or heard about it), he confirmed that the bike would race at Anaheim.
Next, I opened the picture in Photoshop, and couldn't find the muffler to have been "shortened" or doctored, or any other editing for that matter.
Finally, when I lived in Israel (I sold and worked on Honda's, and had some inside knowlege), we would get info that would take some time to get out in the American press.
It's just like when the CR450 came out. It appeared on European sites first (several weeks in advance on some), and when Motorcycledaily finally broke the news, they just put a shortcut to the guys site.
My point is: Don't judge something as a hoax, only because Cycle News doesn't put it on their cover.

Have a good new year!!

kid100

Jan 18, 2001
crf450_07_2002_l.jpg

It looks like that is the same pic! :ugg:
301_1_27-12-2001-17-51-44.jpg

Last edited:

sm219

Nov 9, 2001
I dont think you looked close enough in photoshop. If you look at 600% you will notice that the rear fender and exhaust both have some things done to them (i.e. colors dont match up in some places). The crf 250 may be on the way but this is not the picture. Anyone who has any experience at all in photoshop can do a little editing and come out with something different. If you dont believe me then look at this....

fun50.jpg

I made that in photoshop, of course it doesn't look completely authentic, but if I was to post it somewhere and say it was real, I am sure someone would believe it.

If it is indeed real, why wouldn't honda let us know first?

Sean

sm219

Nov 9, 2001

The point I was trying to make is that anyone can come up with a picture and some information. So, the only people we should really believe is the people who manufacture the bikes. Personally I dont think that picture is of a crf 250, I think it is a crf450 with a shortened muffler, a flawed rear fender, flawed shading from where the author tried to put the muffler back on, as well as some other little things that just dont make any sense. Just my $.02. I will only believe it when it comes from honda.

Sean

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

I think kid100's pic proved the fraud....although sm219's pic is really something else.:)

Last edited:

ThAmUnKy3

Dec 23, 2001
I thought it was the CRF230R and the CRF150R. And they aren't suppose to be out until like late 2002 or 2003. But if they are really comin out now then that's sweet.

U2leight

Nov 25, 2000
I don't know about the 250 but I can't wait to tell everyone about the XR 50 thats coming out this month! I even have a link to a picture of it! :)

dejacky

Oct 14, 2001
i really wish other bike manufacturers would release some 250f models so pricing will be more competitive, thus enabling me to buy one of those so-called "old" 2001 yz250f's fi they're cheaper ;). btw do other bike manufacturer's give u discount's if u'r G.P.A. is above a 3.0 like suzuki?

-dejacky

TR

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 17, 2000
The article is speculating that the honda cr250f will be out for the supercross round at Hanheim. It will be a YZ250F competitor, housing a CR125 frame, Weight 93 kilos at 33 Horsepower. :silly:

Top Bottom