Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Oh Lord no! Don't kill poor wittle ants! Or mesqueto's (sp), or any other lliving creatures! What would the world be with out those flying little vampires?
LOL.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
luv & marriage, luv & marriage.....

When I read gsr's comment about TTR going 'commando' I had visions of Al Bundy & Married w/children........ Any body remember that episode:p

bbbom - I guess the sarcasm didn't come thru the keyboard - didn't mean to sound so snotty. DE,huh? May have to give it a try next time we're attacked.

Brian

MBFTY

Uhhh...
May 4, 2001
Sticky traps

Those sticky traps are bad, bad things...

Have you ever had one stuck to your foot? It's almost less painful to get snapped in a regular trap!

As far as going Commando, yes it does work. We did it in my uncles cabin up in the mountains... The same one that said you have to bait the traps with commodity cheese.

We had an AK49 I think it was... Bigger than the 47... and a baseball bat. We shot one and clubbed 3. We think we got them all.

Last edited:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sure GSR, you dont mind alittle dog food now. Wait til the little rodents start staching it in you oven. Boy does dog food stink when it burns!! Plus it makes alot of smoke. Opps, nevermind you said your no Betty Crocker! ;) You must be use to the smoke or does TTRguy do the cooking? Hopefully!

Sticky traps- There's suppose to be a way to get the mouse back off without it loosing its feet and hair. I think your suppose to run soapy water or some such thing on it to make it less sticky. Check on the packaging. If you feel bad about leaving the mouse on the pad to die, just stick it behind your truck wheel before you leave for work. Pretty quick and painless (I think?).

You can get/rent those live traps. We had one at a grocery store that caught several in one night. You wind them up like a toy, bait the first compartment, then place in area they are known to visit. The mouse goes in the first compartment and gets flipped into the second. It sits there til you release it. We let ours go across the parking lot at Long John's. Figured they could eat their food for awhile.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
GSR, you're a living contradiction--Dirt Biker/Peta member/semi-liberal/fighter for land rights(?)

You must not get much sleep!:p

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
Oh Lord no! Don't kill poor wittle ants! Or mesqueto's (sp), or any other lliving creatures! What would the world be with out those flying little vampires?
LOL.

You know, every time it rains really heavy for a few days we get ants in our house. The rain floods their ant hills and they come in our house. When it gets cold out, the mice try their best and have succeeded in coming in our house also.

As far as I'm (and it seems Okie) is concerned, ants are made for squashin' and mice are made to be trapped. I use mouse traps, the real ones that makes sure they can't come back. ;) .

Only humans, and maybe a dog or fish, are welcomed in my house! If the fish get too big, I've got a frying pan for them too! ;)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Why in the world would someone try to eradicate those mice? If they have as much right to be there as you do, why not just cohabitate in peace?
Sheeesh.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Hey, you guys are brutal! I'm with GSR - use the humane live traps, spend a little time with each mouse giving some councilling and ascertaining what each one wants out of life, encourage them to attend some occupational retraining courses, give them a little nest egg to tide them over till things pick for them again, and assist them with a goverment relocation program.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Crazy ---

I met this guy who came into the gas station I was working at back in the 70's who had Rastafarian <sic> like hair with these little stick things tried in his hair.
I asked him what they were,,,,,mouse tails he said! :eek:
He was from New Hampshire and used to work at a Dariy. He killed these mice in traps there and was so overcome with guilt that he quit his job to travel across country with the tails tied in his his hair to honor their spirits. :think
No joke--this guy was one sick puppy.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I think that a mouse apartment complex should be built to accommodate all the homeless mice and their families. That (of course) will be within walking (scurrying) distance of a government provided work program. If all goes well maybe some of the mice can move out of their apartments and into a house of their own (in the correct scale of course) Maybe during one of those counseling sessions someone could find out what type of amenities they would like.

Thanks for the inspiration Kiwi

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
Treejumper: If you run over the mouse to kill it on the sticky thing, won't it just stick to your tire? Kerthunk, kerthunk, kerthunk. Then all of the sudden at high speed it flings off and hurls chunks of squished mouse all over the inside of your fenderwell or on the windshield of the driver behind you.

Try not feeding your dogs anymore than they can eat in one sitting maybe twice a day. That's how you know when they are full and what most vets recommend. This will keep the crows from waking you up in the morning and keep your dog from suffereing through a terrible life as an obese animal.

I like the cat suggestion too.

Just don't use rat poison. They go and hide somewhere and then die. Stink city. We used the live rotary traps in the mountains in Washington at a kids horse camp to make the kids feel better. Once the trap was full an old guy would submerge it in the river. Another neat trick was to fill a 5 gallon bucket half full of water and throw a handfull of grain in it. The mice think it's full of grain and would go for a swim.:scream:

My cat and a mouse trap are all that I'd use these days.

Good luck

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I don't think we have to worry about GSR putting the mouse tails in her hair!:eek:

They do make those little boxes that plug into the outlet that supposedly emit a "hypersonic" noise that scares the mousketeers away. I know some guys who have tried it and swear by it, and others that say it's the hokiest item that ever came down the pike. Maybe that's a good, "humane" option for our Speedy.:)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Tree jumper

If you feel bad about leaving the mouse on the pad to die, just stick it behind your truck wheel before you leave for work. Pretty quick and painless (I think?).

You know if you have a dulley (sp?) you can do 4 at a time, 6 if you use the front wheels!

Sorry GSR, I just had to. :)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Well, I’m so glad you’re all amusing yourselves, ya buncha sicko mouse murderers! Lemme guess, you’re all the sort that pulls the wings off flies and burns ants with a magnifying glass for the entertainment value? :p

I never said anything about wanting to eradicate any mice, but thanks for the plethora of colorful and imaginative suggestions anyway! :scream:
If it ever gets to a point where it becomes a problem, I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Build a mouse condo or something. ;)

You guys should have seen the look on TTRGuy’s face when I told him I ordered the vegetarian starter kit. Boy, some people sure can get kinda cranky if they think you’re going to try and take their beef away! ;)

Originally posted by XRpredator
GSR, you're a living contradiction--Dirt Biker/Peta member/semi-liberal/fighter for land rights(?)
Ya, I’m a regular enigma! :confused:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
GSR, You are a good sport! I'm glad you can take our silly responses with a laugh! Happy eradication! :) :) :)

RoadRash

Sep 13, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer
Lemme guess, you’re all the sort that burns ants with a magnifying glass for the entertainment value?

Thanks for the reminder, I haven't done that for 20 years! Now talk about fun!:) And don't forget slugs and salt!

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
You guys are missing the best option.

As a kid on the farm we had a black snake that lived in the barn.
no mice
no rats
pretty much no vermin of any kind, just a big fat black snake.

If you get the right type of snake, they are pretty much harmless (unless your a mouse).

For some reason I don't think this will be a verry popular idea with gsr :p

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by Farmer John
For some reason I don't think this will be a verry popular idea with gsr :p

On the contrary, I like snakes. :) It wouldn't be a very popular idea with TTRGuy!! :scream:

Besides, we don't live in a barn. ;)

Top Bottom