desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
I got this via email from the folks that run the track so this seems to be the latest in the saga of Carlsbad.

CRA would like to apologize and inform everyone for the status of the Raceway. As we all know there have been alot of rumors floating around and to be honest with you we really didn't know what was going to transpire this year as well, But here are the real facts as to what's going on and what's going to take place. There has been a new lease established with the new landlords. They still want the Drag and MX business to continue operating until they build. That could be about 9 months to 2 years. We would like to hope that it might be even longer, but we are sure that this is pretty legitimate. The delay is in their " risk management departments" so an investigation of our insurance policies and loss histories is being conducted to determine what coverage limits they are going to require from us. The only threat is if they require limits that can't be purchased. This is a very large company and things move slowly. We are constantly in contact with them and hope to be receiving answers soon. When we get info rmation we will post our new schedule for the year and business will begin as usual. If you would also like to call the Raceway instead of CRA for weekly updates on Monday, you can call
(760)727-1171. Our target date for reopening is Feb.,1 2003. Thanks for your patience we look foward to another good year.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
It's hard to believe it lasted this long. It's almost completely surrounded by tract homes and businesses.

The Riverside Old Timers are racing there on Sun, Feb 25-ish, so I'll hopefully be there then.

I don't get weekends off, I have to use vacation days (or sick) to ride then. :ugg:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom