FMX_novice

Jan 5, 2001
What will a dirtbike look like in 15 years? I think that they will have 4 piece carbon fiber side body work which covers the engine, leacing only the brakes, pegs and shifter in view. Suspensions will probobly not have springs, but rather 2 way oil damping. The motors be completely different from todays but using longer lasting pistons with nikasil or similar coatings. Carb's will be non existent and will be replaced with automatic fuel injection Transmissions and manual clutches will be replaced with torque convertors and centrifigal clutches. 2 strokes will not be produced, but people will restore them as they do with 250R's. There will be local supercross tracks and mx helmets will have shorter roost guards (collarbone breakers). EPA regulations will require all new dirtbikes to have insanely restricted power and pollution control devices through rev limiters, baffles, and exhaust pipe plugs.
Environmentalists will move to stop trucks as there #1 priority and they will forget about dirtbikes, the companies will then press the EPA to lower restrictions...

Aug 6, 2000
Sounds like a pretty bad future(except for the carbon fiber part and the pistons) I like my manual clutch and transmission

Anyways we need springs to bring the fork and shock back up, the springs only effect the movment about 20% or so all it really does is push it back up.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom