BOWHUNTER

May 3, 2001
hey i rented the landing in southen md. for july 24th this thursday.
15 riders max 9am till 4pm or 6pm. there our four or five tracks, from kids track to expert. i had 3 back out so if anyone or three wants inn. email me at [email protected]

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I would encourage any locals around there to go (if you've never been). It's a pretty fun place to ride (although VERY hard!). I broke my leg there in May of last year, but otherwise always had a ball.

BOWHUNTER

May 3, 2001
jboomer sorry to hear about your leg, but your right it is a fun place to ride!
this is my thrid rental, it is a blast with only a couple of others on the track! great beginners, no crowds! take care

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
I enjoyed it also. The intermediate track was well groomed and in great shape. When I was there the expert track was really rocky and hard. I hope they have done a little work to it since last summer. Also when I was there it was pretty crowded b/c they were running Budd's Creek that Sunday and everyone was there practicing. Overall a really fun place to ride, but spendy at $40 a day!

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Ive been to the landing on several occasions. Have to work Thursday though!. I really like riding there. Its turned into a really nice operation. I ran a vintage event there last year which was run on the intermediate track. Talk about tough. Man 2 laps on my 72 Kaw and I was about toasted!

I was there last a few weeks ago on my 93 kx250 breaking it in. (first time out after complete rebuild.) I agree about the intermediate track, it is excellently groomed. Ive never ventured onto the expert track though.

I am looking forward to racing there again this fall w/ AHRMA.

As for price, well I dont have many other choices here in the Maryland area, unless you all know of any?

All the "underground" spots I grew up riding have pretty much dried up. Coca cola drive has been razed, marley neck is pretty well blocked off.
Now, its drive an hour and a half and pay 33 bucks. Remember they discount AMA members $10.

In any case where else do you guys in the Maryland area ride just for fun?

JTT in MD

Jul 23, 2003
I have never been but am interested in checking out. Do you have a phone number, address, or website that I can use to get more information?

Thanks!

SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
2Stroke, I know what you mean! However, Coca Cola Drive is still happening, although small, we have made a nice "natural" track with some markers and sand turns. I ride a YZ 125 and try to get SOMEWHERE every weekend. I am more than willing to travel if a group wants to get together to ride, but I am always willing to twist throttles at the local spots.

Let me know 2Stroke, I am right in Silver Spring.

-Sterling

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
I think Southern MD Dirt Riders (SMDR) may still have some membership spots open. They were accepting new members just recently. The initial membership will be in what is called the Leased Property Chapter (LPC). It's a piece of property located in White Plains (near Waldorf). We have plenty of trails and a motocross track there. There is also a "pee-wee" track for the little ones. The membership is only $35 & 2 "work" days a year. It's normally open every Saturday and a few Sundays. Click Here for their site.

SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
I have GOT to maker it out for some of these outings... Bummer I missed it.

I don't think SMDR has any openings. I emailed them at the beginning of the month and got a reply that they just filled their last slot. If you know of otherwise, please let me know, I would like to join. Thanks!

-Sterling

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Looks like they're booked. My apologies for the false hope! Have you heard of Tomahawk MX ? It's in WVA but only and 1 hour or so from Silver Spring. CLICK HERE for their site. I've only been once, but it was a lot of fun. Nice motocross track and some tricky rocky trails. Also, the people who ran the place couldn't have been nicer.

Last edited:

BOWHUNTER

May 3, 2001
hey chilli,yes i have ridin at the cove, did a hare scramble there a year ago, nice trails, lots of rocks.

done riding for awhile! smashed my collar bone, and broke my shoulder blade, at the landing. doc said maybe ready in oct or nov. maybe!

but i'll be back
mike

SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
Tony, thanks for the link! I would like to check out this place for sure!! Are you riding this weekend? Are you going there? Let me know! I can drive to meet you, how far are you from Silver Spring. Let's twist some throttles!

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Bowhunter, did that big double on the pro track bite you too? Sorry to hear about the hurts! I see on the website that they've shaved the top off the landing of it since I busted myself on it.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
YZ,

I'd love to ride this weekend. Just one problem, I gotta work !!! I'm only about an 50 min. from Silver Spring. You'll like Tomahawk it's definitely a lot of fun. I went to The Landing yesterday....always a good time. There were only like 5-10 guys there. Track was in good shape, pretty smooth. I only had one prob.. i was pulling off the track, washed the front wheel on some rocks, and pretty much demolished my pipe. I'm bitter !! :( My e-mail is [email protected] if you want to do some riding in the future.

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
QUOTE:"2Stroke, I know what you mean! However, Coca Cola Drive is still happening, although small, we have made a nice "natural" track with some markers and sand turns. I ride a YZ 125 and try to get SOMEWHERE every weekend"

I was wondering about that. I pass by Coca cola drive sometimes when I go out to make my car payment, and I saw a little trail leading up in there. My biggest problem was parking. WHen I first started going, we all parked up off of old montgomery road, it was a nice parking area, then everyone road across the tracks and got in that way. YOu could even drive across the tracks and park there no problem. Then, I found the weird little road to park up near that stretch of asphalt that runs near Route 100 was but I got chased out of there a few times. Are the police actively chasing people out or have they eased up again?

In the end, I had taken to parking at an industrial park off route 1, and sneaking in that way.

I dont get out nearly as much as I want to, but I am VERY busy. When work is busy, I work 6 or 7 days a week for stretches.

I loved coca cola because besides the little courses we all made, you could just cruise around for 20 minutes and never cover the same piece. I think my favorite was the little woodsy trails that ran up from the front corner up across the face of that big hill on the Rt. 100 side. It had this cool little corkscrew uphill complete with roots that were like stair steps. Then, there were these SICK uphills further back in the woods, but I never got the nerve to do them. Damn near verticle.

I just cant see getting my bike impounded. Im too old for that, but maybe Ill give Coca cola a try next time I get the chance. Ive got 3 vintage races over the next 2 months, so I doubt my better half would like me going riding too much in between. (groan)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom