MacAfee MX (rest in peace).
See page two for the corrected images.

_MG_8134_original.jpg

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Chili said:
Convert from Adobe RGB to srgb for web posting? The KTM colors look whack to me but could be this POS monitor at work.
Yup. Seems like if I don't imbed a profile they look better, but I'm on a Mac, the browser see's the color correctly no matter the color profile. I've yet to figure out what causes some images to display poorly.

The first KTM (posted today) looks right to you or no?
The Kawi?

photojojo

Jun 10, 2006
The KTM also looks wahsed out to me on this OLD monitor. I can check on my Mac later and see how it looks. As a general rule it will look better on the Mac.

Nice shots.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Couple things have me stumped, including these color issues for web display.
Some images, even though they are sized the same (px and dpi) require a lot more compression to get to the file size limit than others of the same batch? I've yet to figure that one out.

Do you guys convert to a profile or assign a profile before saving? (I typically shoot in AdobeRGB to get the larger color gamut then convert for the web)

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Okie said:

Nope.

Okie said:
Do you guys convert to a profile or assign a profile before saving? (I typically shoot in AdobeRGB to get the larger color gamut then convert for the web)

I shoot sRGB, don't convert or assign anything. PS is set to use my Labs printer profile for soft proofing but other than that I don't assign profiles.

photojojo

Jun 10, 2006
Are his plastics faded?

I shoot in sRGB also. Then everything is converted to CMYK later down the line for the press.

My worklflow always has hue/saturation to some level.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Okay, the new versions (on the mac display) are much more saturated. I know the mac manages color a lot better (PC browsers don't at all from what I understand. If I shoot in Adobe and post it, it looks great, on the mac (more color to work with).

In the second set, I saturated and used selective color to make the orange pop (to the point of over sat on this display. I'd be curious to see what thump thinks they look like?

Something is getting hosed in the conversion, but no effecting other colors? I give up on KTM's :)

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
FWIW from a photo-illiterate the front plate and topside fender are worse than underside fender and insides of shrouds, some point they are going to start looking on the pink side of shading

windowsxp
laptop 1024*768
96 dpi
32bit color
last pic was an improvement though

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
makes sense , the worse looking parts are the ones that probably need the most sunscreen :)

got any pics of the pros on KTM with fresh plastic? to compare

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom