Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Timr

Come on Eddie. Bikes with lights is a blast. I wanted to ride it two years ago, but had busted ribs. I finally got to ride it last year. I started next to Mikeb and Jeff Fredette.

Interesting things about Bikes w/lights class:
* Wear your Camelbak and use it during the race
* Wear your fanny pack in case you foul a plug during the race
* Dead Engine start...the gate drops in silence then everyone fires up and goes
* Only 4 riders start at a time
* Load the MX course layout into your roll chart holder
* Enduro computer counts down to the start of the race
* There's a 30 minute gas stop scheduled for half way through the 3rd lap
* Every bike's number has a letter in it too
* Yell out your number and letter at the scoring tower each lap
* You won't find out who won until 2 weeks after the event!!

:) :) :)

What? No resets? How many checks per lap?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Most of the local riders at DW will be woods riders so that shouldn't be an issue.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
ummm....in the bikes with lights class, does the light have to work?? does it even have to be hooked up and attempt to work?? does it have to be an item the bike originally came with??? ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Hogwylde
does it have to be an item the bike originally came with??? ;)
Yes.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql
I'd be a c ricder and bike with lights but I have to miss Saturday. :( :flame:

you're an "a" enduro rider...cherry picker. :debil:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Since I have only ridden an mx track about half a dozen times in my life I"m a c rider. As far as your A enduro rider...........As little time as I've been on a bike the last four months I just hope I remember how to start the darn thing.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
All the "A" enduro guys that I race and ride with are wicked fast when they want to be. I thinking your just not giving yourself enough credit or...... your a SANDBAGGER! :p ;)

I'm a "C" enduro rider and the last time I was on a track was not a pleasurable experiance. Bent my bars & subfrme, broke one lever and both purches, tore my seat and damaged a ligament in my wrist. I haven't ridden since..................Sign me up for the "C" class!

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
I check for stragglers in the 40+ class and wind up in the middle of the 250 Beginner. Don't care for big doubles and triples are a big no-no, :scream: I will ride B. I'm not in the shape I oughta be for this either, but what the hell.... I just keep thinkin' how that last, uphill section behind the tower is gonna kill me!

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by thumbs
I'm a "C" enduro rider and the last time I was on a track was not a pleasurable experiance. Bent my bars & subfrme, broke one lever and both purches, tore my seat and damaged a ligament in my wrist. I haven't ridden since

Thumbs.... I hereby retract my offer to let you ride my bike!!!!! ;) :)

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Im thinking i will go B class, ive been on a track a number of times, but ive never actually used a starting gate. Im the dead engine type! I wont make my final commitment till i see this track!

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Now now dave based on their definition of a "C" rider you do not belong in the C class....... You like jumping more than I do and Im gonna line up for the B moto..

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I've been watching some of Tripleclamps videos of Cooperland and the track looks absolutely wonderful! I don't think LTM can compare. Most all the big jumps are tables and the whoops look more like a rythum section. I would think any style track rider will enjoy this!

BTW....(sniff,sniff) I smell sandbaggers! :think:

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
What do mean sandbaggers, I ride the VET class, so that puts me in the B class at DW, and I'm lining up right next to Thump!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
(sniff, sniff)

:)

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
What do mean sandbaggers, I ride the VET class, so that puts me in the B class at DW
Here in Idaho we have what they call the "Vet A" and "Vet Pro" clases and they run with the Pro's...... :yeehaw:

Top Bottom