The next step after revalving and respringing? How to do testing?

DEX

Jun 11, 2003
What is the next step to improving your suspension after revalving and respringing. I looked into the Enzo sub tanks for a while but heard they arent very effective on the new style Kayaba forks.

If it ever stops snowing and things go as planned I am hopeing I can get my local suspension guy to do some testing.
Another question I dont want to waste his times if he gets a free moment to do some testing with me what do I need to know and ask and so on to be able to do proper testing for suspension set up, I would like to be more descriptive then "well when I hand of this jump the frame rails dig a ditch in the track and when I land of that other one it throws me over the bars".....It is definitly not that bad but I was wondering how the pros conduct their hours of suspension testing so I can utilize my limited time of testing to its full potential.

DEX

Jun 11, 2003
That is a great guide that should really help.
Is that all the pro rider do for hours on end when testing suspension?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
You could go to the next level and video your riding, and on from that you take lap times, but you need to ride consistant, if you get tired your times will be worse and it will not give a true reflection of the suspension.Suspension testing is hard for some, even some world class riders have no feel for good or bad suspension, but if you try you can tune in to the suspensions behaviour, however i tend to now think more about how the suspension is, than what i should be doing to go faster in the race.

DEX

Jun 11, 2003
Sweet my step father just got a video camera for christmas and we already have done some filming of me doing circle drills and figure eight drills on the dirt and riding the big ice oval with my studded tires.

I really like it instead of me coming in and saying well how were that moto or drill or whatever and him saying you suck and not knowing how to explain how :bang:
I am coming in, he is saying you suck and then I am going over the footage to figure out what he is going on about and then correcting it and getting some "well actually that was pretty good"

It made a big difference in just a day of doing it with my ice riding and circle and figure eight drills.

Top Bottom