FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
I guess it is time for the other KRAZY "FLYIN_KAW" KANUCK to speek. Well lets just start this thread off by saying I wasn't supposed to come due to a cash flow problem. I quickly solved that problem by selling my dirty KDX 240 :whiner: , the bike I should have taken to Paragon. I also sold my mustang, and got my profit sharing cheque from work, all at the same time. WOW what a mouth full!!!!!!! Anyway needless to say, my money problem was solved. After getting the cash I got a new brake lever and sweet ignition cover, the only thing I kept wiping clean on the bike. :) Now I was totally pumped to go. All week I talked about going to Paragon.
My work week prior to the trip was afternoons so I knew sleep was going to be an issue. MONDAY,TUESDAY is it FRIDAY YET, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY it's wing night!!!!!! Wings and beer the day before we leave :p :moon: and a late night to boot. Friday I get up well kinda rollout of bed and start the hell packing. Got the cooler and gear, now to only get the bike. By the time I was done getting everything and the bike loaded, there was no time to do the last minute oil change and filter cleaning before work. So the bike came to work, the maint done and a few wheelies in the parking lot at lunch time for the co-workers. Work was finally over and off the Huckers to drop off the bike and home for a few ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's 2 to be exact. Got up at 3:10 somehow because the alarm didn't go off and packed the last few things in the Quest. I then hauled :moon: to Hucker's making the 20 min drive in 12 min flat. We loaded up stuck in the famous Paragon Spodefest CD and hit the HIWAY. We get to the border hoping to get through customs without any problems. A few questions followed by a few answers and off we went with a high five. The I-90 went by fairly quick while a few fellow Canadian's burned by us to get pulled over by the state police so we could get to Paragon as fast as possible. If everyone could just pause for a moment and show respect to those few brave Canadians braving the rath of the GREAT AMERICAN 1.64% exchange rate.
Syracuse!!! What the hell is this 6 bucks US to drive on that piece of **** you call a hiway!!!!! WHATEVER!!!!!!!. Just a little humor.hehe
Any we turn onto the I-80 south. I swear the road crew that built that hiway must have been listening to AC/DC's I'm on a hiway to hell, because that is what it was. UP the mountain, down the mountain, up the mountain and back down the mountain, well you know the rest.
Paragon, we finally arrived!!!! Pulling in and taking the off-road course they called a driveway, got to the staging area and like Huck said no buddy from DRN. We started thinking the yanks pulled a practical joke on us to see if we would actually drive out here. Well thankfully I thought wrong. They actually ended up being a way cool bunch of silly yanks instead. :) Just kidding some of the nicest people I to now can call my friends. So weirder than others but still a good bunch.
Well you've heard the ride stories so I won't go into detail. I just want to say one thing though. NO MORE TIGHT WOODS or what I like to say, clutch burning, engine overheating, knuckle bruising, and a whole lot of swearing woods. Not to mention the boulder gardens that Dave liked to call rock gardens. I actually made it through all that shhhhtuffff without wrecking the bike. An accomplishment all on its own. That goes for Hucker to, if his countershaft didn't leak. Both days of riding was the best time on a bike I've had yet. I tried, I conquored, I learned, and best of all I made it with out any war wounds.
The CAMPSITE or I'd like to call it DELIVERANCE village.
This is where I equally enjoyed the weekend with the riding.
This is were the bench racing occurs. It is also where I chemically mixed hot wings and beer, and Hucker's beans and weiners delight all in my stomach which I call the pit. You can pretty much figure out the rest.
The CREW who i will break down now.
OFF-ROAD WORRIOR: AKA "where the hell are you taking us" DAVE. - This guy is a what motor heads like to call a sleeper. At first glance I did not know what powers this man had. He can go through walls I swear. He was the tour guide for our adventures through hell. I personally would like to thank Dave for the learning experience he has brought to me. What he put us through was I would have never imagined going through before, now I will look for it around here if that is even possible. Thanks bud.

LORI KTM - The other side of the evil coin and right hand man "woman" of DAVE.
I was truely impressed with Lori's riding ability. I rode alot behind Lori so I can attest to her abilily. Here is a super sweet woman who can kick butt on the trails. I watched her take a couple of pretty good spills, quickly get up and back on the bike and off again. That to me gives women riders my full respect. A great big thumbs up to LORI.

KNOBBYTHROWER, or the GAS GAS passing man. The bike I mean. :moon: I had the opertunity to follow his line up the turtle. If he went to the right and hit some rocks kicking him sideways I'd go left. The only problem with that is I got a little close a few times and ate some rock. The big prob with a MX bike is you are on or off. That is how I eventually learned to climb up the turtle, ON ONE WHEEL. Ya know it really works.
Anyway this guy is quite humorus, and also another one of them good riders.

ROHNMAN - A great guy with a great snore :) A good knowlege of bikes, and about the sport. Great guy to hang out with at the campfire and great to ride with.

PAPA KEITH - What can I say. A big man with a big bike. He was my lifesaver at Paragon. Without him I would have dehydrated out in the EAST B.F. Every once and a while I would drop to my knees and beg for water, and as that cold water trickled down my throat I would somewhat have the energy to continue. He also had the tools to change my plug when it fouled out in death valley, with some help from Trigger and his spare sparkplug distribution store. He actually asked me what brand I wanted.
Papa Keith is always there to lend a hand. He gets a little wierd at night and starts seeing things as something else. "Contrails" What he didn't mention is he called them JET STREAMS at first, when I corrected him and laughed saying that they were neither. They or course ended up being powerlines. Lastly, the big guy is quite the brewmaster, he brought some sweet home brew with him to the campsite for some after riding beverages.

TRIGGER - AKA "STROKER" I'll explain in a bit.
This dude is rockin. He rides in a suit of armour, on a green bike :aj: He loved Hucker's CD of hard rockin dirtbike prepsyc tunes. It was funny to see how intrigued he was with us Canadians. Hucker and I especially liked his "What do you guys call ***** in CANADA. We both replied, *****. I guess you'd have to be there. We discussed our different wildlife ie. flying rats, swamp donkeys, sod poodles etc. This interest I guess will continue for years. He most importantly was the man to bring us all together. Thanks for the great time. Again another good friend to be made.

THE SHAW CREW - They came, they rode, they drank, they slept, they slept did I mention they slept? they left. I didn't get a chance to ride with these guys but we did some serious drinking together. :aj: Hope to get up near there neck of the woods for some trail riding. I promised no rocks

RM-GUY thanks for the fast jeep trail riding, boy did I need it. It was a pleasure to meet you even though it was only for a bit in the afternoon. OH ya i seriously would like to organize a Turkey Point ride here in CANADA. I'll talk with MRMRX and PEER LOVEL to see what they'd suggest on where to ride. Since I've only been there once myself.

PATHUMPER - Nice bike, Man dude I thought you would have made it up that hill. After seeing you not make it I decided on not killing myself on the already torn up hillside. Thank GOD my bike fouled out on my turn to try.

I know there were others but I didn't have a chance to see everyone so I apologize for not mentioning you. But everyone that showed can agree what a time.

Lastly THE MY PARTNER IN CRIME HUCKER!!
He is the main reason I made it out to Paragon and to meet up with you all. This guy is great to ride with, because he always pushes me to go bigger and faster. I love the competition we bring to ourselves on the bike. He is an all round guy, who I will continue to ride with unless one of us moves to another city or country far from here. You the man BUCKSHOT!!

Just to wrap things up. I truly enjoyed this whole experience. I made new friends and learned a new way of riding.
Thank you to all who put up with KRAZY KANUCKS, that goes for both Hucker and I.
We will definitely do this again.
see ya in the forums for now
later
James

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
hahahahahaha, hey buddy how was the drive home?
We smoked home, made it in 5.5 hours.
Only because we stopped in at MC PUKES for a couple of burgers. WE were starving.
later man talk to you later

Top Bottom