2TMAN

Apr 28, 2002
I ride and I vote.

I've have a 00 200 with a PC pipe and silencer. The only thing I'm worried about is that I think it's a bit too loud for trail riding. I've had to put the stock silencer on as not to draw attention or offend anyone. I'm from Australia and as with you guy's from the US noise is a serious issue so I want to do the right thing coz I want to ride forever. the only time I use the PC silencer is on a mx track or at my brothers farm (but even that is starting to worry me).

Come to think of it I quite like the power of the PC pipe and the stock silencer - it seems to give it a broader spread of power. Does anyone know of an after market silencer that is actually quiet enough to go trail riding. The stocker is OK but it's bloody heavy and it looks pretty ordinary as well.....Suggestions? :think:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I use a PC S/A. You don't say if you're using an arrester or not.

Anyway, my S/A meets decibel level requirements for AMA sanctioned races.

My riding buddy's FMF TC/II was quieter. Not by a huge amount, but it is quieter.

Oh..neither with a PC pipe....both have FMF.

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I have an FMF TCII and it's quieter than my friend's xr250 as long as I keep it freshly packed. Still not as quiet as stock though.

If sound is your main concern then stick with stock, you wont find anything quieter and performance is good.

Tantrum

Dec 4, 2001
FMF sells a pipe called the Q. Its a S/A and supposively it is the quietest aftermarket product there is. I haven't heard one, nor do I know if they have an application for KDX's. Try giving them a call.

B.

DJM67

Sep 14, 2001
Qld here

I have a PC silencer with a modified expansion chamber (see tech tips), it is quiet enough for trail riding.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
The biggest noise difference on my bike wasn't from changing the silencer, It was when i put the FMF pipe on. The stock double walled pipe doesn't offer all the performance advatages of an aftermarket one but it sure makes the bike quiet.

Top Bottom