yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
To Refresh:
link
Only 13507 Signatures Total - Sign the petition.
------------------
Lloyd TMTC #540 - Y2K KTM 250 E/XC
Please sign my Guestbook at My Homepage
"You're fast 'cause the fast guys stayed home!!"

[This message has been edited by yarbonwick (edited 04-16-2001).]

Hokie

Sponsoring Member
Sep 28, 2000
I'm cutting that label off tonight and mailing it back to Camelbak tomorrow with a letter of explanation.

------------------
Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see.

Mar 13, 2001
Boycott!Boycott!Boycott!Boycott!Boycott!Boycott!Boycott!Boycott!Boycott!Boycott!Boycott!Boycott!Boycott!Boycott!Boycott!

Camelback - never owned one - never will.

How about an angry email campaign? If everybody on DRN sends an email to each one of those stupid sots over at Camelback maybe they'll get the point. Hit them where it really hurts both the wallet and the mail.

SIGN THE PETITION - We can't afford to lose any more riding areas!

Yeah, I'm Hard C.O.R.E.

Citizen Opposed to Radical Environmentalism

------------------

Ivan Liechty

Aug 18, 1999
Actually, DRN has already had an impact on them.

If I shouldn't be sharing this I'm sure Okie will fire me
smile.gif

Anyway, DRN has turned down a request to accept advertising funds from Camelbak. I disagreed with it b/c I think if Camelbak wants to pay us to try and get the dirtbike crowd back then lets get their $$$

However, in reality, what Okie did is admirable and will definately send a message to Camelbak. It shows that DRN and primarily its members have a commitment to dirtbikes and doing what is right.

All the e-mails DRN'ers have sent brought about the request so you guys have been making a lot of noise.

Thank you.

------------------
Ivan Liechty
A#1 Annoyance
'01 YZ250F "Piglet"
Spartanburg, SC

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
I sent Mr. Gross an e-mail way back when. Was real polite, asking if the e-mail we originally received was sent by him. But the response I got was awfully defensive "Yeah, I'm the President, and Proud of it!" He went on to ask for my input, though, and one of the things I said, like others, was basically that actions speak louder than words. One action would be to advertise in our sites and magazines, thus supporting our sport. I'm glad he's at least getting enough of our message to have started making that effort. (Now, if the rest of the "big picture" would change, as well, maybe we could start accepting his money, and make them an ally eventually). I agree with you, Ivan, that he certainly is more aware of us now than he obviously was in the past.

------------------

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
You need to go back and read. Look at what the ORCA didn't want you to see. And the Q and A with Glenn Cross, which apparently he didn't want you to see. Since he sent his replies after Ed Wissing's deadline.

------------------
Lloyd TMTC #540 - Y2K KTM 250 E/XC
Please sign my Guestbook at My Homepage
"You're fast 'cause the fast guys stayed home!!"

[This message has been edited by yarbonwick (edited 04-23-2001).]

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Something that occured to me this weekend as I was taking the Camelback label off of my drinking system - instead of taking the label off of it, why not get a new label like the red circle with the slash through it to sew OVER the Camelback Label then send a picture to Camelback.

Just a thought. I'll have to see what I can come up with.

------------------
Bbbom’s Picture Page

Top Bottom