oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
As if dealing with torn ACL's, fractured ribs and the general bumps and bruises aren't bad enough, I woke up last Sunday and had to double check to see if someone left a steak knife in the big joint on my big toe. I am no stranger to pain ( part of riding, right ) but this damn thing hurt. So come Wednesday when it wasn't getting better, against my better judgement, I went to the doctor. Of course the first thing they want to know is how I did it this time ( at least now they have a sense of humor about it ). Turns out it's some damn thing called gout. Anyone got any home remidies ?

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Do a search on google for gout , there's a bunch stuff you're not supposed eat or drink, but eating strawberries is very good.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
Yeh, I saw a bunch of stuff - if I don't eat that stuff, and stay away from other stuff for a healthy heart and low cholesterol - it pretty much leaves me with lettuce and cardboard. I saw something about drinking a baking soda mixture, anyone else tried ?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I have had similar symptoms that went away after taking some Aleve. I don't remember the details, but my symptoms did not match gout exactly.

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
My father suffered from gout in his ankles. The only thing that worked for him was a prescription from his doctor. He was absolutely AMAZED at how much better he felt.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
I got a prescription to prevent it, but I can't start until I get rid of this bout - think I'll get the bike out and try to beat it out, seems to work for everything else that ailes me ( and it at least gives me something else to think about ).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom