RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I saw that before and couldn't believe it. I hope they sterilize who ever did it so they can't reproduce.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
while I am all for stringing up the pranksters by their nuts, I saw no mention of either victim wearing a helmet. :think:

Last edited:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Wisconsin law
Chapter 347. Equipment of Vehicles. Section 347.485. Protective headgear for use on Type 1 Motorcycles. :
"(1)(a) No person who holds an instructional permit under s. 343.07(4) or who is under 18 years of age may operate or ride upon a Type 1 motorcycle on any highway unless the person is wearing protective headgear of a type which meets the standards established for motorcycle operation in 49 CFR 571.218 and the chin strap is properly fastened.
Rider's choice. As it should be after 18.
still does not make the plastic boys actions any less criminal

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
whyzee said:
Rider's choice. As it should be after 18.
still does not make the plastic boys actions any less criminal
agreed on all points, but it's still a dumb choice.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
here, about twenty years ago on halloween, someone sawed a tree down over the highway as a prank. a car hit it and it killed the driver. they never found out who did it.

cr2504life

May 17, 2004
mx547 said:
here, about twenty years ago on halloween, someone sawed a tree down over the highway as a prank. a car hit it and it killed the driver. they never found out who did it.
How stupid can you be :think: I bet who ever did it still feels horrible about it. It would eat away at me so much i think i would go crazy and have to give myself up.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
There are plenty people out there who think just riding a motorcycle of any kind is a dumb choice.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I live only a half hour away from there. Totally stupid. Can't help but think of the "Jackass" show and movie. :| I would never ride a motorcycle of any kind without a helmet, but this doesn't excuse the stupidity of the prankster.

windfall

Trials Paddler
May 1, 2003
A good example of why you should wear a helmet even as a good rider, it's not always (or even usually) your skill level that is the cause, it's all the other idiots out there.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
windfall said:
A good example of why you should wear a helmet even as a good rider, it's not always (or even usually) your skill level that is the cause, it's all the other idiots out there.
BINGO

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Hey... it's a good example of why we shouldn't even ride motorcycles!

Somehow I just don't see how this should have turned into a helmet thread.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
gwcrim said:
Somehow I just don't see how this should have turned into a helmet thread.
agreed! who was the hater that posted that
Blah, bla.... I saw no mention of either victim wearing a helmet.
If you guys want to make this a helmet thread then fine...
choice!
c h o i c e!
freedom to make a decision based upon experience.
how many cigarette smokers out there? bet there are more deaths related to lighting up than there are due to head trauma from helmet-less motorcycle accidents.
I don't advocate dirt riding without a helmet, we all fall down and go boom in the dirt.
should the government also tell you to wear "other protection" during certain "15 minute sports :moon: " for your safety?
where do ya draw the line?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Like I said before, string up the pranksters by their nuts.

I don't want anyone telling me to wear a helmet, seat belt, full body armor, testicle cuffs, whatever, either. I'm all for freedom to choose to do what you want. BUT . . . I just think people choose to be stupid (on both sides of this issue, mind you), and sometimes that costs the rest of us in the end.

ah, never mind. It's all good :)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
This happened in my county and within my jurisdiction. Right now there are several leads and hopefully in the next few days an arrest forthcoming.
A local attorny who specializes in motorcycle litigation has posted a $5000 reward and our county crime busters kicked in another $1000. For $6K this idiots friends should turn on him real quick. As Deputies were canvassing the neighborhood they also found a car wrapped in plastic in a driveway ( the owners are currently away on vacation and haven't been interviewed yet) which will also provide valuable info in many forms.

If I get a chance tommorow I will try to see if the riders were wearing helmets (not that it in any way is an issue in this case). As pointed out in Wis any one over 18 and holding a valid motorcycle endorsement gets to make that choice legally by themselves.
I guess the helmet as an afterthought is a great idea but the injuries in this case would more then likely been the same. It should be noted this rider was not speeding (they had slowed to 35MPH in a 45 zone because they had seen several deer earlier that evening in this stretch. Once caught our DA has already committed to a full prosecution of an endangering safety by reckless conduct and will not bargain down to a lesser charge. For two reasons I believe him 1) he is a hard liner on idiots who pull dangerous stunts like this and 2) he is a politician and this will prove to be great exposure to his hard line charging.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
How can people become so bored that they resort to stupid stunts like this? We have Xbox, Cable, DVDs, outdoor activities up the bootie (not including Saran wrapping the road), Wisconsin is full of water parks.... WTH!!!? Where do these morons come from?

Hey Dave, if you guys need to fly someone in to dish out the beating let me know. :)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Hang 'em High.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
The original article I saw said no helmets.
(Seinfeld voice on)
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Still hoping for some good old fashioned vigilate justic though.

Top Bottom