Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
You guys might recall my dog Princess. You remember; the tongueless, snakebit dog with heartworms.

Yesterday evening she got bit by a snake AGAIN!

This time it was a juvenile Cottonmouth. She swole up real good though.

I took pictures of the snake this time, instead of the dog. As soon as I get them unloaded; I will post them.

This must be the stupidest dog ever to walk the earth. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hey it wasn't the same kind of snake right? Maybe the dog is just trying to figure out which snakes are good or bad to mess with :laugh:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Poor dog! My father in laws dog was smacked by a porcupine over the weekend. That's why I don't like chained up dogs...they can't run away or fight their attacker..although I suppose a porcupine would be hard to fight!

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
mx547 said:
we killed one at the track tonite.

Much to my wife's dismay; we (my daughter Kristy and I) do not kill our yard snakes.

We have a release area a few miles away that is (by now) well populated with snakes. We take them away, and take pictures when we release them.

If I ever run across a big Eastern Diamondback, though, I will have a desision to make. Probably won't end well for the snake. And they do occur in my area, though I have never been privleged to encounter one.

So far we have "relocated" a couple of nice size copperheads, and this baby cottonmouth. All pretty harmless actually. Not that I would want to get tagged by either, but not really scary. A big diamondback will hurt you.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Popped a 4.5 ft. diamond back the other day with a shovel, I am usually tolerant, but this dude was too much for me to try and catch. Biggest diamond I have ever seen around here. In the backyard I guess this dry weather has them out and about. The yard dog had cornered it and couldnt figure out what to do with it. He knew which end was the business end by the way he was acting. I guess my pooch is a little smarter than yours. :laugh:

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
D Lafleur said:
I guess my pooch is a little smarter than yours. :laugh:

Darin; your pooch could be as dumb as dirt, and still be smarter than Princess. Remember, this is the dog that tied her tongue around a bobwire fence.

You should shoot a little higher! :laugh:

Jon

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
haha... Dog must like to learn everything the hard way... Well, techically I guess she didn't learn the 1st time...

- B

Top Bottom