Thor "Gangster" wear

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I'm sure that Thor is just trying to appeal to our current society with an irrelevant name. I am curious to know why this bothers you so, the pattern doesn't make me think "mafia" any more than the old Dukes of Hazzard inspired gear directed my mind toward any "Joker" affiliation that I can think of. Will you also be bothered it next year they produce a navy blue set and call it "Cop"? It's just a name that our current society might be attracted to, and that's called marketing.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
If you go to the website and look they are calling it their Gangsta wear. Asking if I would be offended if they had Navy Blue gear and called it Cop is pretty lame. Get real

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
the god of thonder would not approve, its even worse that they spelled it with an "A" in place of the "er", but im sure it appeals to the flat brimmed hat wearin' "bada$$" riders out there

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Hopefully I'll get to introduce some pathetic "Gangsta" wanna be wearing that crap to some 450 roost this year.. Whooot!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I don't think it looks bad, I just can't get over the whole "Original Gangsta" wear. I wrote them a nice letter, interested to see their response.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
rickyd said:
I don't think it looks bad, I just can't get over the whole "Original Gangsta" wear. I wrote them a nice letter, interested to see their response.

Regardless whether it’s bootlegging, St Valentine's day masacre, Al Capone “gangster” or crack dealer, rap music, drive-by-shooting “gangsta”……….it’s offensive and has no place in our sport. Why would anyone want to glorify criminal activity including murder, especially in connection with a sport that already has image issues? Thanks for writing a letter…….I think I will look elsewhere for my riding gear. :nod:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
sure, they'll bust out the gangsta wear for the urbanites . . .

what about the lumberjack stuff Pastrana did his doubleflip thing in? Offer that for sale. Us retrosexual Idaho rednecks wear stuff like that all the time!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I sent a letter too. How lame is that? Not what we need for our sport. I'm about ready to throw all my thor gear in the garbage can.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Big business does not care about our sport, they care about making money!
It's up to us not to buy their crap or bikes!

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
I wonder what Torsten Hallman would have to say?

06KX100

Feb 9, 2008
i still think thor makes the best looking gear...even that "gangsta" jersey looks good...but i agree that they shouldve given it a better name

Petey

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2007
Gangsta's do not belong on dirtbikes, they belong in the projects...

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Thor had already lost me with their goofy collars :coocoo:

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
eh its just a name. Gangsta style has alot of influence wether you live in the middle of LA or a cornfield in Indiana. Its a reality that gangstas have some influences. Plus its just a word that thrown around alot. I have yet to score crack ever off anyone riding a dirtbike. So I am to worried yet.

And if this really worries you, are you ok with the metal Mulisha image?? mulisha fine but no gangstas??

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
ericz103 said:
I have yet to score crack ever off anyone riding a dirtbike.

How would you know that you cannot unless you have made a statisically significant number of attempts?

:coocoo:

Plus its just a word that thrown around alot.

It's not a word......."mulisha" is not a word either.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
stumanarama said:
the god of thonder would not approve, its even worse that they spelled it with an "A" in place of the "er", but im sure it appeals to the flat brimmed hat wearin' "bada$$" riders out there

actually i wear flat brimmed hats but, i also have regular hats and beanies. i dont wear shirts to big for me, and pants to big. when people wear clothes to big for them they look like complete morons and immature. how do you intoduce yourself to someone or someones parents looking like that. i dont wear my flat brimmed hat all the time, just on occassion. i dont dress like a "gangsta" most of my clothes come from either aeropostale or pac sun. and, they all fit. just because someone wears a flat brimmed hat doesnt mean there a badass or think they are. it just happens to appeal to some people. if you wore a bunch of pens in your pocket and your button downs tucked in, that doesnt mean your a nerd and your a weirdo. i also talk normal to, i dont talk differently to try to fit in with people. i dont follow a bandwagon. i wear what i want.

anyway, yea the name isnt the greatest but, as stated before it could be a marketing attempt. either way they could of came up with a different name other than gangsta wear.
i dont wanna be like hey i just got the new gansta jersey at the store. thats lame. plus that lineup looks gross anyway.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007

thats an awsome point.

XRpredator said:
pants that don't come all the way up

that really wouldnt surpise me.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
RM85rider123 said:
what did you say in the letter?

Basically that I was disappointed in them naming the gear "Gangsta". Seems like the wrong image, I kept the letter polite that way they will pay attention to it.

Still no word from them. I kind of know Victor Sheldon, he is the rider rep for THOR, if I see him at Hangtown I will talk with him, not that he has anything to do with it. :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…