150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Why does the name even matter? I thought it looked kinda cool, but not the coolest.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
XRpredator said:
shades of the "tighty GWB wearin' homos" . . .

:rotfl:
:laugh: :laugh:

Attachments

• GWB3.JPG
    GWB3.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 119

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Nice work Ricky, especially the white boots! My long trusted friends at thor, oh well, they are marketing to a new wave of influence to our sport, figures. I will not be buying it. Rich,I would like to send the mullisha to the projects, and have some unforeseen mechanical breakdown. Then we will see, and make it about midnight. Connie Feist, I have had eye problems everytime he shows up, some 15 or so years of his deplorable tastes! He does look better covered in mud, but he is undeniably fast. He seemingly wants to get that gear off in an hurry! And this brought me to another horrible memory. I ran into an old acquaintance who had worked at the commodities exchange with an ex-racer with a very prominent swish when he walked. Any time I ran into Jeff Surwall, my side would hurt from watching him walk, unbelievable! And he still is using his same line, "Say what you want I can still run circles around you guys on a bike!"

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I was going to add a GWB joke here, but I see rickyd already took care of it!

RedGreen

Jul 20, 2005
actually i wear flat brimmed hats but, i also have regular hats and beanies. i dont wear shirts to big for me, and pants to big. when people wear clothes to big for them they look like complete morons and immature. how do you intoduce yourself to someone or someones parents looking like that.

Oh, so what about back in the day, when long hair and tight pants was "cool"?? It was ok to introduce yourself to an elder then?? I'm sure the adults of the "good-'ol-days" felt the same way you do about today's youth. If Thor had come out in the 70's with an AC/DC-based line of gear and called it "Rockstar", I'm sure all the parents would have the same reaction, but you would've wanted it.

As said before, Thor was appealing to the biggest market, which happens to be the people in their teens and early-twenties, who are going to be spending their money on riding gear for a lot longer than the older riders. I agree with Badgerman, and that the principles of being "Gangster" do not belong in our sport, and that is not what our sport is about. I'm sure the people at Thor are not walking around with XXXL shirts and pants hanging around their thighs, and definitely do not support the "Gangster" lifestyle.

The gear that appeals to younger riders is going to help bring more people into our sport and gain support for the activity we love the most.

What about the Fox gear with the skulls all over it?? Maybe the person who designed that was an Archaeologist in their previous career!

Supply and Demand...

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Very well said redgreen. And alot of other people are right on about kids wanting to be "gangstas". I live in a small city, we have about 5 shootings a year here, but it seems as though there should be 500 if you look at all the "gangsta" kids around here. Most of these gang bangers caome from families with money. They don't live in the ghetto, probly won't ever set foot in any thing close to the ghetto. But alot of them are into bikes and thier parents buy them the "cool" gear so they can fit in with thier "gangsta" crew. If Thor could sell anything based on its name I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate. Just so happens that alot of younger, growing riders think its cool to be a "gangsta". What does it matter how your gear looks if it's covered in someone elses roost? Just pass "em so you dont have to see it.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
RedGreen said:
Oh, so what about back in the day, when long hair and tight pants was "cool"??

Are you telling me that tight pants are not cool any more :coocoo:

I agree with Badgerman, and that the principles of being "Gangster" do not belong in our sport, and that is not what our sport is about.

Such wisdom from such a young person...........restores my hope for the younger generation.

My hat's off to your parents young man. They appear to have done an excellent job of raising you. :nener:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
RedGreen said:
... people in their teens and early-twenties, who are going to be spending their money on riding gear for a lot longer than the older riders. ...

I have forgotten about more teens and early-twenties riders that have dropped off the sport than you will ever even meet. :rotfl: I have spent tons of money over the last three decades on gear, and don't plan to stop. Most of these "gangsta" riders put in about a couple of years and move on to other things. It's all about being cool at the time, next thing you know, they have some lowered ricer with ginourmous rims and a coffee can exhaust. :p

And yes, I wear the tight pants, tell me how cool it is when you kick the bike and the pant leg falls on the kick lever, as you tumble down a hill, because you can't get your leg off!

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
RedGreen said:
The gear that appeals to younger riders is going to help bring more people into our sport and gain support for the activity we love the most.
If they are getting into it because of the 'gangsta gear' then we don't need them. They are NOT going to gain us any support.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Seriously, who CARES about the name. Get over it. I like some of the gear and I'm in no way a thug or 'gangsta.' I could care less about what they decide to call it, and more about how it fits me, how it performs, and if I like the way it looks. If you are getting all worked up over a word or name, then you obviously aren't riding enough and you need to go release some aggression out on the dirt and quit letting insignificant things bother you.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
wake_rider said:
I could care less .

So you COULD care less? :nener: If you don't care, you COULDN'T care less. :nener:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Rooster said:
And yes, I wear the tight pants, tell me how cool it is when you kick the bike and the pant leg falls on the kick lever, as you tumble down a hill, because you can't get your leg off!

LOL! Ditto......tight pants, GWB's, and proud of it!

And I'll tell you what, if you ride my 450 with those baggy over the boots pants, it will only be a matter of time before you have a plume of smoke coming up from your right leg! Yep, you’ll look real cool when your right pant leg is on fire and you have to stop, drop, and roll in the middle of a race.

I wonder if the marketing weenies at Thor are smart enough to realize that those who would find that gear appealing also happen to be younger kids who have little money to spend on such gear. In all likelihood, their gear is purchased by middle aged conservative folks (parents) who find the gear (and its moniker) appalling, not appealing. My hunch is that if you want a set of ganstagear, you will find it gathering dust on the clearance rack in about nine months.

and a coffee can exhaust

The technical term is "fart muffler" ;)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I agree with Ivan. "America The Offended".

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom