danjerman

Aug 15, 2000
In all consideration, I don't think a name like "original old bandana print" would have sold very well. There isn't much harm in this, its just a name, and I'm sure they didn't have any ill intentions with their clothing naming convention.

I don't think flat brimmed hats are anything worth throwing a fit about either. You can't expect the next generation to dress the exact same that you did, and just because it's different doesn't mean its bad. Fashion changes from time to time, and one can either embrace the change or reject it. In fact, I bet that your parents had a large outcry about all the kids wearing bell bottoms in the 70's, and alas, we all lived through it. Look how well they turned out!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I never really said I did not like the look, just don't like the name. I would of probably bought some, just don't like how they are "Marketing" it. :cool:

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
word (wûrd)
1. A sound or a combination of sounds, or its representation in writing or printing, that symbolizes and communicates a meaning and may consist of a single morpheme or of a combination of morphemes.

hmmm.... since we were getting technical there....
proper english-no, a word-yes.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Fine for them I suppose, as long no one's feelings are hurt when I don't wear it.
Hey, wasn't it just 15-17 years ago, that our gear AND our bikes were sporting lots of pink?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
ericz103 said:
mulisha fine but no gangstas??
The "mulisha" bunch is the same bunch as the gangsta bunch. All of them are fools

m4i2k2e2 said:
actually i wear flat brimmed hats but . . . i dont wear shirts to big for me, and pants to big. when people wear clothes to big for them they look like complete morons and immature . . . i dont follow a bandwagon. i wear what i want.
When people wear flatbrimmed hats they are following a bandwagon and look like complete morons.

Or they look like my grampa, who didn't necessarily wear it flat, but the bill did angle to one side or the other, depending on which direction the sun was coming from.

danjerman said:
In all consideration, I don't think a name like "original old bandana print" would have sold very well.
maybe not, but it's actually called "paisley"
danjerman said:
In fact, I bet that your parents had a large outcry about all the kids wearing bell bottoms in the 70's, and alas, we all lived through it. Look how well they turned out!
I'm not sure you want to go there. Not sure I'd be braggin' on that bunch. They brought us disco.
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Hey, wasn't it just 15-17 years ago, that our gear AND our bikes were sporting lots of pink?
*your* bike and gear, maybe. not mine.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The thing that amuses me about this whole concept is the nincumpoops that wanna be "ganstas" are usually over-privileged suburban kids who would wet themselves at the site of what real world gangsters are all about.

I'll be happy to enlighten any of these posers who want to come visit me here in Chicago.;)

... and someone should tell these dopes, that this ugly ass gear looks an awful lot like the footy-pajamas I wore when I was two years old. If you show up on a starting line with this candy-ass gear on, you should pull off at the first corner, dismount, and kick your own ass for being such a tool. :rotfl:

Last edited:

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
I like it. I'm not a fan of the first one up in the left hand corner, but some of the other stuff looks really good. It doesn't bother me at all that they call it "gangsta" because I don't worry about what other people do as long as it doesn't impede on me or my family's rights. Other than that, who cares...

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Original Gangsta is something some people use to describe people who have been involved in something a long time.

One company I worked for described people who helped start it up as OG's as in Original Gansta's.

I don't have a problem with the description.

I see this thread as just another case of America the Offended.

Ivan

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Rich Rohrich said:
... and someone should tell these dopes, that this ugly ass gear looks an awful lot like the footy-pajamas I wore when I was two years old.

Thats Exactly what I was thinking. :coocoo:

XRPredator said:
pants that don't come all the way up

I wear those, but its not by choice. :(

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
truespode said:
I don't have a problem with the description.

I see this thread as just another case of America the Offended.

Ivan

True. For some reason people here in the U.S. have a tendency to LOOK for things to be mad about. I don't understand why everyone has to try to be a martyr about the most insignificant subjects.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
To paraphrase Crash Davis in the movie Bull Durham

If you win 20 in the Show you can wear stupid looking gear (like James Stewart) and the press'll think you're colorful.

Until you win twenty in the Show, however, it means you're a tool.

People should be mad because this gear is FUGLY, not because it has a stupid poser wannabe named attached to it.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Pink.....
XRpredator said:
*your* bike and gear, maybe. not mine.
Come on now........ in the early 90's ALL the Jap brands were flurting with shades of pink, weather bike color or grafix. The Gangsta stuff is ugly, but some of our early 90's gear, if worn today, would say loud and clear....... "I am gay."

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
truespode said:
I agree 100% with that.

It is some fugly gear.

Ivan

Other than the "paisley" print, I really like the other gear. Especially the red/charcoal/black stuff and the one with the psuedo checkered flag look.

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
Any of you guys know a guy named Connie Fiest? You should see the stuff he wears. The only side any of us would see racing with him would be the back side and you wouldn't see that very long.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
thorman75 said:
Any of you guys know a guy named Connie Fiest? You should see the stuff he wears. The only side any of us would see racing with him would be the back side and you wouldn't see that very long.

You mean this guy??? Yeah, he was odd, but very fast.

Attachments

• cf.jpg
    cf.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 145

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
It seems he had a different DayGlo color for every moto...

And what's with that number plate?

Attachments

• cf2.jpg
    cf2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 143

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
Looks like Redbud, yeah thats him, hard to miss him. The number plate? only he knows.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
XRpredator said:
When people wear flatbrimmed hats they are following a bandwagon and look like complete morons.

QUOTE]

did i not just get hrough saying i wear what i want, i dont wear it everyday. sometimes i feel like throwing it on. i didnt know there was a bandwagon for people who sometimes wear a flat brimmed hat somedays and not other but dress normal. if i was following the bandwagon wouldnt my pants hang way down and my shirt be 2xl? idk if you noticed but everything is a bandwagon.... i bet you tuck your shirts in. young people think that odd and unfashionalbe.( i dont, i actually do when im at work and sometimes when im out of work.) and older people(not saying your old, idk now your age but i thought you have a family and what not.? consider kids to be unfashionalbe. im not a punk i do not follow any type of group or whatever i just do my own thing. i dont look at rap artist or any famous person or group and dress like them. some days i wear regular hats. somedays i wear my work boots all day, other days regular shoes. i guess it just depends. on my computer i have a mix of all different genres of music. i dont follow the young kid thing with the rap, or rock. i just listen to whatever songs i like. i have stuff from elton john and elvis along with godsmack and disturbed on my computer. i have a full time job which is my career and i get up and go everyday and i have schooling i go to. im 19 but i dont sit at home all day and do nothing, im not just some gangsta young punk. just because i wear a hat doesnt mean i am.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
m4i2k2e2 said:
XRpredator said:

QUOTE]

did i not just get hrough saying i wear what i want, i dont wear it everyday. sometimes i feel like throwing it on. i didnt know there was a bandwagon for people who sometimes wear a flat brimmed hat somedays and not other but dress normal. if i was following the bandwagon wouldnt my pants hang way down and my shirt be 2xl? idk if you noticed but everything is a bandwagon.... i bet you tuck your shirts in. young people think that odd and unfashionalbe.( i dont, i actually do when im at work and sometimes when im out of work.) and older people(not saying your old, idk now your age but i thought you have a family and what not.? consider kids to be unfashionalbe. im not a punk i do not follow any type of group or whatever i just do my own thing. i dont look at rap artist or any famous person or group and dress like them. some days i wear regular hats. somedays i wear my work boots all day, other days regular shoes. i guess it just depends. on my computer i have a mix of all different genres of music. i dont follow the young kid thing with the rap, or rock. i just listen to whatever songs i like. i have stuff from elton john and elvis along with godsmack and disturbed on my computer. i have a full time job which is my career and i get up and go everyday and i have schooling i go to. im 19 but i dont sit at home all day and do nothing, im not just some gangsta young punk. just because i wear a hat doesnt mean i am.
You have schooling? :laugh:

Rich you said it best, take some of these kids to a real ghetto and see what happens :laugh:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
rickyd said:
Rich you said it best, take some of these kids to a real ghetto and see what happens :laugh:

In the aftermath, being a citizen will suddenly seem like a compelling alternative. ;)

Mar 16, 2007
ericz103 said:
eh its just a name. Gangsta style has alot of influence wether you live in the middle of LA or a cornfield in Indiana. Its a reality that gangstas have some influences. Plus its just a word that thrown around alot. I have yet to score crack ever off anyone riding a dirtbike. So I am to worried yet.

And if this really worries you, are you ok with the metal Mulisha image?? mulisha fine but no gangstas??

the metal mulisha is the reason why stuff like this is being made. before there was fmx and before there was the metal mulisha dirtbiking was not the cool thing to do. Since fmx and M/M dirtbiking is the cool thing to do. They have started a whole little trend or something theres all these kids that want be bad asses so they ride dirtbikes and wear SRh etc. Im sure you guys know what Im talking about? I see guys with the srh logo tattooed on them as well as the metal mulisha logo. oh and alot of the metal mulisha guys are on drugs. but im sure you all knew that already too.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom