Thought I would share this story

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
About a week and a half ago (2/21) I was getting ready for the Checkers H/H on the 22nd,when I decided to go make a pot of coffee, when I went in I left the garage door wide open and one of my two pugs got out, within minutes he was gone, I searched from 6:00pm Saturday night till 1:00am Sunday morning with no luck, I spent all day Sunday searching and putting up fliers with no luck, I spent the entire week going to the shelters looking with no luck. By know we both figured that someone grab him up and had no intentions of returning him and that was tearing us up, one night I went to see how my wife was doing and she was in tears and couldn’t stop, she really was missing Ho (our dog), So I decided then that I would do what ever it took to try and replace him. I spent all day Saturday the 28th looking for a pug that was as close to Ho’s personality as I could, well, I found one, it was like I went back in time 2yrs and there was Ho, without hesitation I said that’s the one and without hesitation the breeder said $1000.00, Done deal, all I could think of was my wife and how I hope this would ease the pain. Well, I get the baby home and my wife just falls in love with him and she’s amazed at how close in personalities he is.

So now I had to jump to phase 2, selling my bike and fast, I would sell it pretty cheap, cover the cost of the dog and then in a few weeks, maybe a month pick up another (yea, well, that’s what the plan is), so I list the bike and within a day I’m flooded with email and Monday morning I commit to a sell, I no sooner hang up the phone and my wife calls and says there’s something really wrong with the pup, so I rush home grab the dog and rushed to Vet, 20 min later I’m told he tested positive for parvo and only had a 50/50 chance to survive, this just hit me in the nuts and it was going to kill my wife.

After getting a grip I made the dreaded phone call home and explained to her what the options were and nether were good, I hung up leaving her thinking I was going to have it put down, we felt it was the best thing to do and I knew my wife wouldn’t be able to cope with not knowing rather or not he would make it,but by the time I got back inside with the Vet, I had changed my mind and decided to gamble on the treatment, they would know with a few days if he was doing to make or not.

Well, that was Monday and here it is Wednesday night and guess who I brought home, yep the little turd survived, the best part, I thought at first was seeing my wife just breakdown in tears (she had no idea what I was doing) but I was wrong again, the best part was going up stairs just now to see how they were doing and they’re both sound asleep with Monkey ( that’s his name ) all cuddled up on her chest……….Ahhhhhh, Life is good.

Now for phase 3, getting a bike before I paint the little bast**d orange and rejet his a$$

Wow, That was long, sorry

Last edited:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Wow. Thanks for the story.

I had a puppy die of parvo this time last year. It tore me and my wife up. Tough thing to go through.

Glad to hear it turned out well for you.

Ivan

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Glad it turned out for the better so far. That is a bummer about Ho :( An orange pug would look cool so change his name to EXC and die his furr orange :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Damn JP.
Parvo is a bad deal, sweet that it worked-out! I thought our new pup had it for sure (was just sick from all his shots). Good luck on the new bike!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Tough time Jim - glad it worked out in the end.

Orange pug would look good.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
An orange pug would definately pull a KTM down the straight! Great news bro, hang in there and a new bike will come your way soon I hope.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Well the pup is doing great and Sherri is lov'n him to death

I had buddy call night and say not to worry about a bike, he has one he can loan me and a quad if needed, that was pretty damn cool; And Andre from 3 bros racing knock off $800.00 on a 625sxc and said he would do the suspension,plus lower it, that is very damn cool.

But, just in case it all falls apart, I have two cans of Krylon Orange paint :thumb:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
JPIVEY said:
Well the pup is doing great and Sherri is lov'n him to death

But, just in case it all falls apart, I have two cans of Krylon Orange paint :thumb:

Great news Jim. :thumb: I would look into re-jetting him though. I hear the spooge can get pretty bad on those models. At least until they're broke in.

Last edited:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I just knew you were gonna say "I bought the new pup, sold the bike and then saw a flyer that read, "FOUND! in the Murrieta, Ca area, a pug."
Oh how attatched we get to our animals. Mans best friend, and a womans too. :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I am simply amazed at the effort you put forth to bring happiness to your wife. You are very unselfish. Glad Monkey made it though and sorry for the loss of Ho. You never know, he might come back to you one day! Well, certainly something good will come back into your life after this act of kindness.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
That is great that Monkey pulled through. Like Ivan, i lost our pup to Parvo last spring. The new Lab we got this fall is doing great.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Cool!:cool:

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Sorry about Ho. BTW How did the neighbors react as you ran up and down the street in the middle of the night yelling, " Ho, Ho, come here Ho!!!"?
(Sorry, I know it was sad, but dude, that had to be a site to see)

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
BTW How did the neighbors react as you ran up and down the street in the middle of the night yelling, " Ho, Ho, come here Ho!!!"?

Not nearly as bad as it would have been if my other one got out, His name is pimp (I swear)

Top Bottom